Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a Oregon or Montana Garmin GPS. Please PM if have some thing would like to sell. Thanks.

·
THE ORIGINAL
9,191 Posts
Their gonna pull this. Wrong forum. There is a wanted forum in the classifieds.

·
Registered
19,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Just download a GPS app onto your smartphone. I'm a huge fan of Backcountry Navigator Pro (I have an android and last i checked it wasn't available on iPhone but that was a couple years ago). for $10 you cant beat it. very detailed and accurate and for another $7 you can get the overlay that shows you BLM/FS/Private etc.

·
Registered
19,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks but I am OLD SCHOOL & just got a new flip phone don't text & don't trust phones. But thanks for the information.

·
Registered
19,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks.

·
Registered
19,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Back up. Thanks.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I was looking at getting an Oregon 600 or a 64s. Not sure if I want touchscreen or buttons though. The 64 just went on clearance "sale" which typically means a new model is coming soon. I opted to wait and see what's coming out before I decide.

·
Registered
19,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have had buttons & last year in CO. with a friend with Dakota 20 touch screen it seemed to be a lot easier to use instead of having to use 2 to 3 buttons to get to the icon you want & then back in forth working through the icon, that why looking for touch screen & the 650 is the largest in size & should be easier to locate position.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Can't have mine but I love the Montana, it's accurate and easy enough for even me to use
the 650 takes pretty good pictures as well

·
Registered
9,673 Posts
I have an older Oregon 450t if you're interested.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have had buttons & last year in CO. with a friend with Dakota 20 touch screen it seemed to be a lot easier to use instead of having to use 2 to 3 buttons to get to the icon you want & then back in forth working through the icon, that why looking for touch screen & the 650 is the largest in size & should be easier to locate position.
How has the screen lasted for him?

·
Registered
19,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
He has not had any problems with the screen so far & we used it a lot last elk season as we hunted the whole season in a special draw unit that took him 18 years to draw.

·
Registered
19,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ttt

·
Registered
19,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Back up. Thanks.

·
Registered