Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
74,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems with indoor season coming. Its diffiantly on my mind.

Now thats not a good thing.

Just let it happen. Easier said than done.

Another year of shooting one X at a time.

Its a goal for me.

Whats your goal for indoor?

Im shooting bowhunter class all year. Just feel very comfortable shooting without a lens.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Hmm my goal for indoor is gonna be to break 295 consistently. My best score ever was a 295 with 39X's. I can just never keep it together for both ends.

·
Registered
5,831 Posts
I know exactly what yer saying DB.

You are truly spot on, the mental side is the toughest. It was that way for me with 300, and was that way for me on a 250 smallbore target. Both happened when I let it. Now this 60X bit, I ain't even worried about that hurdle :D :D (its a long ways out there) Goal for this year is to shoot more 300's than 299's.

·
Registered
34,166 Posts
Well after not shooting indoors for two years....I am just gonna try and get back to 300 50X+ avg.

DB are you clear to shoot yet? How is the back doing? Funny you should mention shooting BHFS...I was thinking of doing the same thing.

·
74,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Back still in pain

Brown Hornet said:
Well after not shooting indoors for two years....I am just gonna try and get back to 300 50X+ avg.

DB are you clear to shoot yet? How is the back doing? Funny you should mention shooting BHFS...I was thinking of doing the same thing.

Actually think its related to shooting the bow, right side of back. Therapist agrees. Plan on more streching before shooting from now on. Headed to pysical therapist this morning. Backs better thanks to some good advise from member here. But far from ready to shoot. Im thinking might be a month or so before shooting several shots. But I can pull one time on that deer this coming sunday, (opening day).
DB

·
She's baaaaack!!!!
20,524 Posts
I shoot BHFS.
I'm really kinda' scared to state my goals for this year since I haven't specifically started working on my indoor game. I far exceeded the goals I set in January last season when I started shooting. I think I'm going to stay with the same goals I ended with last year, 300 and ##X's anywhere at anytime against any competition. Last year I started out really not concerned with the X count, I just wanted to do 300 anywhere at anytime.

1) start really working on the spot game earlier maybe in October. I guess I better hurry up and get my cables made and arrows setup!
2) shoot in a league and practice at different clubs with some folks that I know I can't beat (today!)
3) The little voice in my head is muttering 300/55+ X's anywhere, anytime against all competition. If I shoot that at all the tournaments I participate in I will have elevated my game from the previous season. :twitch: I guess that means I need to punch out an occasional 60X in practice. :madgrin:

This makes want to takeoff and start tuning "ME" for competition.
I must say that toeing the line has always been more of a buzz for me than shooting foam! I'm curious as to what my old nerves are going to do this year!!!:D

·
has been that never was
14,362 Posts
My indoor practice rounds have moved into the 295-297 average. Since I have not shot an indoor tourney yet, I'd like to see that translate into same in tournament settings.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
I am in the same boat.........I am aiming for my first 450 on a vegas target this season and I want to do it during league or at a tournament. If/when I get this goal knocked out then I will be aiming for a first 60X this winter as well. So far I have 448 on the vegas face which I shot a little over a month ago w/ the Apex 7. 450 is just a bit of mental game away, I have shot several of them in 10 yard drills and one from 15 yards throughout the last 6 months. I really need to find a way to get the time to shoot 5+ days a week and I am confident that with the help of my coach I will hit that 450.

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
60X for me (again DB:D ) Fell short last year averaging 57x at league but NO 60's. I did shoot 1 600(45 baby x's) on the vegas face in practice.

So goals for me this year are 60x in tourny (^ the ante:smile: ) and consistant 300's on the vegas target.

I also shoot BHFS. Maybe will meet some of you guys this year.

Good luck
John

·
Registered
998 Posts
goal

goal setting for me is just as important as shooting!
inturn, this is a great thread to add to...
having averaged for the 1st time over 50+xs per game over the summer, touching 55x's twice Id love to get to the point where that becomes my average and 57 and 58xs are my good days.
Right now, in my current journal, a 30x half is my goal, payoff is a new fita bow for next summer. 28xs is my personal best.
Last night i could have cleared 29xs in a half, but I havent been working on my mental game as much late. The pressure got to me and I settled with 27's:(
in a perfect world, for this next winter, id just like to get on the line and shoot 52/53xs without working hard for it, joking around between rounds and just taking it easy. Sometimes the mental strain of trying to up your score takes the fun out of it for me, and then sometimes the challenge of upping your score makes it exciting, but thats only when im in complete control of my shot:D

·
74,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Last year

I really shot a good x count 55X or better last year.

Worse thing for me was in the big tournament I shot a four for a 299score.:mad: JUst stupid pressure thing.

Apex7 gave me my best year in 3d this year. Bow is shooting well for me.

Just hoping each year I get more relaxed at indoor and just make the shot one x at a time.

I finished last year at indoor nationals with a good score for me in a large tournament. Im hoping to carry this over with me this year.

I will be shooting more indoor during hunting season.;)

·
She's baaaaack!!!!
20,524 Posts
A 30X half I can do in practice. I just haven't done it sequentially!!
I'm not worrying about a 60X tourny score until I've done it somewhat consistently in practice.
I get a little :pukey: just thinking about what it would be like to be clean on the last end, for the very first time, in a tournament. I'm not going there right now.....I have to stick to "one shot at a time" or I'm done.

My first 299 was the first day of the two day state indoors and my first 300 was the following day, way back in 1990....I was fine until the very last end......I then was one puckered puppy for the last 2 arrows. I still have that Hoyt Spectra Lite.

·
washed up wannabe
12,235 Posts
DB I just jumped into the giant pool of Open shooters... I am shooting more consitantly with less trouble using my TrueSpot lense. We'll see how it goes this season, but I'd like to start getting into the high 50 X average.

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
I wish the Dall sheep ram i put my pin on would have a X right behind his shoulder:teeth: , my frame of mind isnt on X's right now but will be after my 10 day sheep hunt, hopefully shorter than 10 days, i wouldnt mind packing out my ram on day 3 or 4:D ....... my goal after taking a ram, will be 58 X ave and shoot 60Xs a few times this season. see ya later Doug, give them FS shooters a challenge will ya!.... ill probably be there with ya next season ,... if i meet my goals this season. Harry

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
60x

My goal this year is to hit the 60X!! My best is 57 but my average is low 50's. As for the vegas face ... I am looking to stay in the 20X range for my average hoping that I hit the 300 mark all the time!

·
Registered
971 Posts
Dan

My goal for 2006 is to prepare to win the Champ division at Vegas in 2007 my shout at the bar when I do if the shock don’t kill me!!!:darkbeer: :darkbeer:
Cheers:D
Peter

·
Registered
205 Posts
Daniel Boone said:
I really shot a good x count 55X or better last year.

Worse thing for me was in the big tournament I shot a four for a 299score.:mad: JUst stupid pressure thing.

Apex7 gave me my best year in 3d this year. Bow is shooting well for me.

Just hoping each year I get more relaxed at indoor and just make the shot one x at a time.

I finished last year at indoor nationals with a good score for me in a large tournament. Im hoping to carry this over with me this year.

I will be shooting more indoor during hunting season.;)
Hope you can just make the shot one x at a time.
That's also my goal for this year!!!!
Then with some luck, I wish to make more than 595/600(55X) this year!!!!

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Just my thoughts

AKBowhunter and AKDoug,

You will have to bring it, after a pretty succesfull year shooting 23sized arrows I have made the jump to gold tip 30x pros, Mr. Gillingham talked me into that. I also just got the true spot scope on my bow, remember that I had a 4 week hiatus in the desert, so I didn't get to touch my bow, somehow I shot a vegas 300 with 20+xs my first week back, could it have been those big fat arrows:teeth: We shall see, I feel very comfortable right now with my set up, but yall are in luck again, going to the haul road for caribou on a ten day trip, or until we tag out:shade: That will give me 3 solid weeks when I get back to put it all together.

I guess DB asked about goals, well to shoot some vegas 300s, may even try to sneak down to vegas in Feb:mg: and to find that elusive 60x someplace else other than practice. Will those big fat arrows be the trick, we shall see:D

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
OK, once again came close yesterday! Dropped arrow #59:pukey: Shooting so well too, should of been a done deal. Try again tomorrow:tongue: :tongue:
John

1 - 20 of 32 Posts