Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a climber that I have had for around 12 years now. It was used when I first bought it. Now it has broken welds and I think it is time to put the old dog away. I was wanting some recommendations on what I should buy this go around. I was wanting something light and easy to use.
Thanks,
Chris Kiefner

·
Registered
146 Posts
summit viper on sale now @ woodbury outfitters for 219.00 I own 3 and last one cost me 249.00

·
Registered
147 Posts
I have a couple of vipers, bought the "razor" top part a few years ago with the drop away front. Works great. I know that they make a new model too. Either way. Summit is hard to beat

·
Registered
874 Posts
Cougar claw stands. I wish I would have spent the extra money and got one of these right away. Tried to save a few bucks buying a cheap one. You get what you pay for.

·
Archery Addict
9,211 Posts
Another +++ for the Summits.

·
Registered
5,105 Posts
Cougar claw stands. I wish I would have spent the extra money and got one of these right away. Tried to save a few bucks buying a cheap one. You get what you pay for.
Those sure look nice.
Dan

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
most stands are not LIGHT.unless you give up room and safety with rail on front.
i like SUMMITS.VIPER IS NICE FOR STAND WITH RAIL .

but i like 3 big summits best, goliath,180 max,titan.viper is to small for me with hunting clothes on in winter.

BUT THEY ARE NOT LIGHT.i tested all 3 of the bigones extensively.

·
"GO BUCKS!!!"
6,590 Posts
I use Tree Walker climber but had the Summit Viper, cant go wrong with any of them

·
Registered
674 Posts
I've had cougar claws, summit and tree walker. By far the cougar claw is the best one in my opinion. It's light and climbs up the tree very quickly without hassle.

·
13,798 Posts
I have owend the 3 different Summit climbers, 1 API, 1 lone wolf sit and climb and still have not found a stand I like better than My Treewalker.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Light, easy, silent and folds flat = Lone Wolf

All day sits = Lone wolf with Summit seat

·
Registered
117 Posts
treewalker!!!!! I have one and love it I also have the sit and climb lone wolf but treewalker is the one i always grab.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
when i find something good i stick with it. any lone wolf stand will do. i just bought the wide sit and climb for 389.00 off ebay

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Buy a L/W s&c off E-bay.....bought 2 last year for 125.00 each. modified with hazmore seat and molle straps and still only cost 175 total!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts