Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which is the best brand, any tips or techniques I need to know, etc.?

I looked at the classifieds but didn't see any.

9,026 Posts
Brands

Jo Jan has worked well for me and it is not as expensive as some others. I do like the quality of the Bitzenburger and would purchase it except I am still happy with the Jo Jan.:)

·
Premium Member
10,326 Posts
In my Opinion....this one is the best out there right now

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/t...t20063&parentType=index&indexId=cat20063&rid=

I've had just about every jig, and this one is awesome and really afforadable. I use it for 4" vanes with a right helical and it works flawlessly!! I have used it for 2" vanes also when I was tying different things and it does put a really good offset on the 2" vanes too. I just prefer 4" vanes. You won't be sorry....:darkbeer: (it is idendtical to the Bitz but half the cost :wink:)

·
Registered
9,194 Posts
Bitz with zenarch nock receiver... A lifetime investment...

·
And to the "Republic"....
811 Posts
Buy one B done

Buy a Bitzenburger and you will be happy. mount it at a comfortable work height and in a well lit area. Enjoy:):smile:;):slice::shade::guitarist2::archery::exclaim:

·
Registered
190 Posts
Blitz are probably the top dog out there, but they are expensive. I have two Graylings that I absolutely love, they work great, and are a quarter of the price! Good luck :darkbeer:

·
Bowhemian
8,300 Posts
The Bitzenberger jig compares with the Grayling and Bohning the way Cadillac compares with Chevy and Ford. Both the Chevy and Ford will get you where you're going just as well as the Caddy will but there is an appreciable difference in the ride on long trips.

What this means is if you plan on doing a lot of fletching you'll find that the Bitzenberger's heavier base and more solid construction will "hold the road" better. But if you fletch only now and then you can't go wrong with either a Bohning or a Grayling.

I have a Bitzenberger only because I got it used for $20 back in 1980. I fletch only now and then, so if I were to buy a jig today I'd probably get a Bohning. I've used one and it's a very good jig.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Bitz is the best!!
Bitz is the best but it can be even better. With the upgrade nock receiver by Zenith you can do a flawless job with any arrow/vane combination. See the threads listed below and search for other comments from those who already have the upgrade. If you use a fast set glue it's not a time consuming job doing one vane at a time.

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=584491&highlight=bitzenburger

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?p=7558477&posted=1#post7558477

Joe B.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Bitzenburger. Had a Bohning and they do work, but the Bitz is the best. IMO.

huntin1

·
Registered
736 Posts
Blitz are probably the top dog out there, but they are expensive. I have two Graylings that I absolutely love, they work great, and are a quarter of the price! Good luck :darkbeer:
Good Point...another could possibly be: "Just how many arrows do you think your going to fletch"?

Will it justify the extra money for the "Top of the Line" when the other jigs do the same job?

As far as tips on what to do when you get one....have extra supplies...LOL
Count all of the fletchings that you will need to complete the job..ONE BY ONE before you start!
You'll want to find a way that works for you and makes you happy with the end results.
Develope a consistent method so you can repeat what you did before.
Probably wont hurt to watch a few "YouTube" videos either just to have an idea where to start.
Read the instructions that come with your fletching jig<---<<< the most underated tip ever!!!!

Your setup dont have to be pretty...just functional!

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
bohning jigs aren't bad nor great but a good fair priced jig that you'll like. half the $$$ as a bitz and works just as good.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts