Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Well, this is great!!! What are you looking for in a bow? Are you wanting a traditional or compound? It also depends on what you are wanting to spend on one. My best friend decided that she wanted to start shooting, but she didn't want to spend anything. She was a little disappointed when I showed her what we could get for the money that she had. There are a ton of different bows shot by the awesome women in this forum so you should be able to get mixed reviews on pretty much any bow on the market.

I'll go ahead and give my props:

I shoot a Mathews DXT and LOVE IT! Before this bow I shot the Mathews Ignition and I loved it as well, I just wanted to upgrade. I have not shot many other bows so I can't do much comparison. I did draw a Hoyt Selena a few years ago and it didn't feel as smooth as my bow, but the grip was fabulous. That is the only downfall that I have found with my Mathews; the grips are so big! The new Passion (women's bow) has a slimmer grip that I would love to get my hand on!

It seems like a lot of ladies are shooting the PSE Chaos and love it. I may have to tyr one of those!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Hey! I'm a newbie...and like hogdgz, I started with a Mathews Ignition. I really like this bow, and will looking to upgrade as well. The Ignition is light, comfortable to shoot, easy to adjust and very accurate compared to some of my girl friends' bows. But, the best part:: it's a Mathews :)

·
Registered
7,588 Posts
If there is any way you can hook up with Shoot Like a Girl she can let you shoot one of just about everything. She has a very good selection of bows to shoot from a variety of manufactures.

If there is no way to get close to her the best thing to do is find a shop and at least go look at bows. You probably won't be able to draw anything, most shops don't carry bows for lower poundage archers. Everyone on here has their personal favorites but it really boils down to your budget and what you want to do with the bow.

Give us some more details and I am sure everyone can fill you in on their favorites!!

·
Registered
228 Posts
I agree with Shanna, we need more deets :) DL, poundage, price range etc! Everyone has their favorites and what works for one won't work for all. I began shooting a Hoyt Kobalt and loved it. I upgraded to a Hoyt 737 and love that one too.

I've never been able to make it to a Shoot like a Girl test flight but I want to someday! I hate that bow shops don't frequently stock bows for us girls to test! :)

·
Registered
527 Posts
I agree with Shanna, we need more deets :) DL, poundage, price range etc! Everyone has their favorites and what works for one won't work for all. I began shooting a Hoyt Kobalt and loved it. I upgraded to a Hoyt 737 and love that one too.

I've never been able to make it to a Shoot like a Girl test flight but I want to someday! I hate that bow shops don't frequently stock bows for us girls to test! :)
Amen sista! They want you to order it and then shoot it. My archery shop never has one in my weight and length, but luckily the owners wife is just a little bigger than me so I can usually shoot hers if we back it down.

·
Registered
320 Posts
what to buy

my first bow was a high country when i was about wee big, then i went to a pse beast for hunting and a darton maverick for competition. then i went to a mathews mq-32 for hunting and an mathews apex 7 for comp. i just bought a mathews dxt for hutning and comp b/c i dont shoot ibo anymore. out off all the bows that ive tried and owned, the dxt is by far the best ive ever shot. ive shot the newer pse and hoyts and i wasnt satisified! thats what ive learned!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts