Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been doing a little reading online - but would love to hear from those staying warm on stand in cold temps and what you found works when it comes to good bibs and jackets and of course boot insulators. THX!!

·
kill'n deer, drink'n beer
9,759 Posts
arctic shield has VERY nice bibs and jacket, they also sell boot blankets. Cabelas berber fleece is some warm and quiet stuff as well!

·
Registered
9,490 Posts

I was wearing Cabelas Stand Hunter Extreme Parka and Bibs with Inferno 1200 gram boots. Didn't stay warm. Getting an IWOM this year. My friend wore the same Cabelas I did and he stayed warm though.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Arctic Shield bibs and jacket, I wore them this year on mornings averaging 28 degrees with only a pair of polypro thermal bottoms and a UA shirt and vest. Bass Pro had last years camo patterns on clearance for $200 a set right now.

·
Bluff Country Bowhunter
2,385 Posts
I really like my Under Armour Ayton II jacket and bibs! Throw a Sitka Fanatic Vest over it and I'm set with some good base layers.

·
Registered
3,993 Posts
Arctic Armour ,my main use is for ice fishing but it's super warm ,wind and rain proof and super light weight.

·
Registered
4,336 Posts
Sitka fanatic with kelvin vest & pants no issues with 17 degrees.

Heater body suit is good too, just too much movement in late season to shoot.

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
How is the Arctic Shield when it comes to noise?
I've heard the newer stuff is better but the stuff I have isn't silent. I don't have an issue with the mid weight stuff but the cold, cold weather gear (bibs/parka) makes to much noise when rubbed across brush or even itself so I wear cotton snow camo over it.

·
Liv4Rut
7,363 Posts
Cabelas whitetail mt050 extreme parka and bibs are super warm. Hunted many -20 windchill days in those. The cabelas berber fleece with windshear is warm too. I bought a pair of underarmour quietech pants and wore those all year. Never really got cold though to put them to the test. A few 20 degree days with no issues.

·
Registered
10,387 Posts
Arctic shield from head to toe when it drops below freezing. The older stuff made some noise but was never really bad. More quiet than most of the rain gear on the market. The new stuff (H9) is much quieter. Even in the old stuff I never got busted because of the small crinkling noise it made when I moved. Down to 15 degrees or so I wear a light synthetic base with rocky fleece mid weights under it and am very warm. Once it drops below that I wear polartech ECWCS over them stay toasty. X shield baclava, AS beanie, AS boot covers and my AS hand muff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Sitka Gear Fanatic is excellent. I spent Christmas with my 13 year old son bowhunting deer and turkey in NW Wisconsin. The temps ranged from -7 to 20F. We hunted out of a Double Bull (no heater!) every morning until noon or so, had a quick lunch, then spent till dark in tree stands. Neither of us got cold. He killed his turkey, with his recurve, when the temp was -4F.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I like the heater body suit also, but I agree it's too much movement for the extremely late season. I have Cabelas mt050 that I really like, but so far I'm stickin with Brownings new hydro fleece. Just got it this year, and I'm really impressed with it's warmth and not much bulk. Really quiet too!

·
How`s it going eh?
4,078 Posts
I really like the arctic shield.Very well thought out,and love the warmth with out the bulk. It is a relaxed fit garment that never rides up or bunches up and when it gets real cold like the minus 20`s and colder it is easy to either add layers under it or over it.Amazingly thin and lightweight for the warmth it provides. If you ever struggle with cold feet,get the boot covers and the jacket has an expandable pleated pocket so the boot covers fit in there for carrying.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts