Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems that it is rather difficult to find a very lightweight pair of pants in camouflage. Most hunting pants that I see in stores or online are made for colder weather. I am looking for something in polyester or something breathable so that I won't sweat so badly walking to my stand. Any suggestions?

Doug

·
Registered
84 Posts
I bought one of the "Leafy suits" from Basspro. It's a mesh material with strips if camo material attached. I wear it over a pair of shorts and a light t. T mesh does a great job of keeping bugs off as well

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
I use a cheap pair of wal mart camo pants during early season, which is a bit lighter than jeans and fit looser. There are some rain pants which are much more lighter, I have a pair (much more expensive) but get hot quicker during early season with them as they don't seem to breath as well. Cheaper is sometimes better imo.

·
Registered
6,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I bought one of the "Leafy suits" from Basspro. It's a mesh material with strips if camo material attached. I wear it over a pair of shorts and a light t. T mesh does a great job of keeping bugs off as well
I have one of those suits also but the leaves are made of some material that make noise when rubbed together. I didn't get mine from Bass Pro so theirs may be made of different material.

Doug

·
Registered
6,594 Posts
Look this week on camofire.com for core 4 element Switchback pants. tough 2 way stitch polyester light weight, durable, have great removable knee pads. they are like Sitka ascent pants but much better fit. $85 not sure what pattern they will feature this week. AP, mountain mimicry, max-1

·
Registered
6,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Those look like what I am have been looking for. Sometimes October weather here in Virginia gets into the high 80's which causes me to get out of my stand earlier and reluctant to get back in it until right before the sun goes down if I get back into it at all. Really a tough situation trying to hunt while swatting flies and having sweat run down my face into my eyes. Lightweight clothing with pockets help.

Doug

1 - 12 of 12 Posts