Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some gear for my 14 year old for this coming Archery season. Weather will be hot. 80-100 degrees. I went on to the local Sportsman’s Warehouse to look for him some gear and it either is super stiff and noisy rubbing it together or about $200 for a pair of pants. Not really wanting to spend $500 to buy him pants, shirt and a jacket so is there anything out there that is good that isn’t crazy expensive. It’s tough to dish out that much coin when he’s still growing and may only get 1season out of it. Also something that isn’t super noisy when he’s walking running together. He’s about 5’6 130lbs with a 30” waist.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
313 Posts
See of 5.11 has any of their tactical pants and button ups in realtree on sale. Bought the pants and shirt last year on sale for about $75 for both. Used it for turkey season and early deer season. Really durable and lightweight for those hot days.

·
Registered
8,542 Posts
Not sure as it is much colder up here so that is the main money problem for me. 80 to 100 doesn't seem a problem whatsoever as far as clothes expenditure goes. Heck I would go with the cheapest dark color shirt and pants I could find. Could do it for less than 50 I would think?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
980 Posts
I wore Walmart and Army surplus camo when I was younger. Actually, I still do. I did pick up some zip off nylon type Game Winner brand pants at Academy last year that are perfect for early season. They were $25 I believe.

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
The lightweight nylon zippered pants shorts camo from Academy Sports is what I bought my son. As I’m sweating in my bug suit he isn’t sweating at all . I bought him and me some more .

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
Look at Badlands camo. They have been running deals on their website. The pattern is great, the clothing is great and carries their lifetime guarantee.

·
Registered
66 Posts
During archery and part of muzzleloader in Florida I wear a lightweight Under Armour camo shirt and lightweight Scent Lok Pants. As the season gets cooler I wear Under Armour Coldgear base layers, heavier weight Scent Lok pants, heavier weight Scent Lok shirt and Scent Lok jacket. If a crazy cold front dips down this far south I throw my camo Carhartt bibs and jacket over all of that. Im probably $500 into all of that. Check out the Under Armour and Scent Lok outlets on their websites. Another site a friend turned me to is camofire.com.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I would look in the classified adds for some good clothes. You might be able to find some sitka, Kuiu or first lite stuff.

I do not wear much camo anymore if at all.

I archery hunt in the brown Kuiu Tiburon pant and a tan or black first lite wool long sleeve shirt 90% of the time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,125 Posts
This year I needed new clothes because I dropped more then 50lbs.
I really wanted to order some kuiu or skregear
But ended up getting gmgreat deals from rockyboots.com
I've owned clothing from them I'm the last and decided to give it a shot.
So far so good.
I bought early season pants/shirts and even some nice zipoff hiking pants from there sk2 line. They are well made and light weight.
I've been researching clothing and discovered that I can get what I need for far cheaper if I go with hiking/rock climbing gear. You really dont need camo any solid earth tone colors will do, but that is a whole other topic.
I digress, was able to buy rockygear ar a fraction of their cost by using some deep discount codes. You should check them out.
ROCKY20 promo code.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
25,429 Posts
https://www.walmart.com/ip/ASAT-Van...00344&wl11=online&wl12=46457517&wl13=&veh=sem

ASAT leafy wear suit. Will fit over bare skin or shorts or anything else you want. For an evening hunt, soak the camo leafywear in a bucket of water with a cup of baking soda. When you get to where you are hunting, put the leafy wear on over a pair of shorts. Each little breeze will feel much cooler. By the time the sun goes down and you are heading home the leafywear will be dry.
ps for some reason the baking soda helps keep fewer mosquitos around.:secret:

·
Registered
521 Posts
https://www.walmart.com/ip/ASAT-Van...00344&wl11=online&wl12=46457517&wl13=&veh=sem

ASAT leafy wear suit. Will fit over bare skin or shorts or anything else you want. For an evening hunt, soak the camo leafywear in a bucket of water with a cup of baking soda. When you get to where you are hunting, put the leafy wear on over a pair of shorts. Each little breeze will feel much cooler. By the time the sun goes down and you are heading home the leafywear will be dry.
ps for some reason the baking soda helps keep fewer mosquitos around.:secret:
X2 you can layer up or down.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts