Archery Talk Forum banner

Warmest Boots?

19223 Views 28 Replies 26 Participants Last post by  bnclctr8
Just trying to find out what everyone thought the warmest boots were, hopefully from experience. A friend of mine has a pair of Herman survivors (hard to find now) that he bought at Wally world 5 years ago and he says that they are the warmest boots he has ever had and he paid $40 for them, so I guess they don't have to be the most expensive
boots either.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Registered
2,452 Posts
I have cableas' brand 1200 gram thinsulate rubber boots. Love them! I have a liner sock and then a thicker sock over that and then the boot. Feet have never once gotten cold either sitting in the stand or riding the 4-wheeler in single digit temps.

· Banned
2,358 Posts
... Just trying to find out what everyone thought the warmest boots were
Ojibwa Style Mukluks (Short)

11" Moosehide boot
9mm Wool Felt Liner
9mm Wool Felt Insole
Rubber Sole
Temps to -20

Steger Moosehide Mukluks are the warmest winter boots in the world!
http://www.mukluks.com/

· Registered
4,341 Posts
I have some LaCrosse boots rated to -100 degrees. I don't know if they really will keep you warm that far below zero, but they have done well so far in temps as cold as minus 39. One tip about buying boots for extreme cold weather: get the next size larger than you nomally wear. That will allow you to wear heavier socks without making the boots tight - which can restrict blood flow. Looser is better in cold conditions.

· Registered
3,271 Posts

· NAASP
16,063 Posts
Ojibwa Style Mukluks (Short)

11" Moosehide boot
9mm Wool Felt Liner
9mm Wool Felt Insole
Rubber Sole
Temps to -20

Steger Moosehide Mukluks are the warmest winter boots in the world!
http://www.mukluks.com/
And they now offer camluks extreme for hunting.

*Winter hunting & ice fishing boot
*Men’s and ladies sizes – wide and double wide
*Weather rating: Extreme wear to colder than -20F – Colder temperatures apply if you choose larger and wider sizes
*Height from floor: Men’s -17”, Ladies -16”

*Materials:
•Foot – rubberized moosehide foot with a super flexible treaded rubber sole. Color: Black
•Gaiter Fabric – MossyOak® BreakUp, waterproof Poly Tri-Laminate with PVC lining
•Cord Lock Top – 1/8” Nylon Cord, Acetal/Nylon Pop Cord Lock
•Calf Strap Assembly – 1” black compression molded strap lock buckle (1,000 lb tensile strength); 1” black drab polypropylene webbing (800 lb tensile strength per inch)
•Ankle Strap Assembly – 1” compression molded Delrin strap lock buckle (1,000 lb tensile strength); 1” black drab polypropylene webbing (800 lb tensile strength per inch); 1” black Acetal/Nylon strap keepers (to guide and hold back webbing); 1” black Acetal/Nylon Uni-Loop (on each side to guide webbing)
•Boot Liner – 9mm polypropylene lined woolfelt liner
•Insoles - reflective insole, 9 mm woolfelt insole, trim-to-fit contour insole

Recommendations:
-It is recommended to purchase an extra pair of 9 mm woolfelt liners and an extra pair of 9 mm woolfelt insoles to rotate the liners and insoles as needed (i.e. if they get wet).
-It is recommended to wear a medium-weight wool sock

· Registered
165 Posts
I have a pair of the Herman Survivors too, they're not the warmest but they're pretty awesome boots for 50 bucks. I worked construction with em for about 4 years and they've help us great aside from the soles splitting. Put some Dr schols in there and they're comfy as sneakers.

· Registered
3,271 Posts
It all depends if your going to sit in a tree stand or walk/work with them and where your doing it at I guess...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.