Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what's your best sock?
Mine is 40 below by Wigwam The best hunting sock that I own. Just wish the made hunting hats and gloves/ What's yours?

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Is smartwool a brand? Or a type of sock that several people sell? Three straight votes must mean its pretty darn good. Might need to add some of those.

·
Catty Shack
12,410 Posts
I thought the big thick Browning's that I bought last year were great but some yahoo here mentioned Smartwool so I ordered their thickest mountaineering socks - they were great! So I ordered another pair plus a pair that was lighter - loved the lighter one too so I just ordered 3 more of them. I need to stay off this forum.

Socksaddict has good prices, free shipping, and you get 10% or 15% off coupons off the next order.

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Is smartwool a brand? Or a type of sock that several people sell? Three straight votes must mean its pretty darn good. Might need to add some of those.
Smartwool is a brand. They make high quality merino wool socks and under layers. I would highly recommend their ultimate hunt system which includes a pair of heavy weight socks and a pair of wicking liner socks in the same package.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Another for Smartwool system. The liners make a world of difference.

·
Registered
6,189 Posts
Smartwool. I've used them for winter backpacking, fly fishing, deer hunting, upland game hunting, and soon, bow hunting...nothing better. Not cheap.

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Smartwool is a brand. They make high quality merino wool socks and under layers. I would highly recommend their ultimate hunt system which includes a pair of heavy weight socks and a pair of wicking liner socks in the same package.
Thanks. Just picked up the ultimate hunt system from socksaddict.com

1 - 15 of 15 Posts