Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the best socks for keeping feet warm? Is Marino Wool the best product? My feet keep getting cold. If Marino Wool then which company? -33

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They are Darn expensive so I hope they are warm. Thanks guys and I will try them. I am done when the feet get cold.

·
Team #28
5,828 Posts
I have found that the way to keep your feet warm is proper layering and proper boot size.

In a perfect world a light polypropyline sock liner with a good merino wool sock is about perfect. Add in a boot that is not too tight and you will have warm feet while on stand. The key is not getting your feet wet with sweat, the liner sock helps the sweat to dry.

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Chances are your core is getting cold. Your body will cut off your extremities (feet & hands) first when you get cold. Make sure your head, neck and chest are covered with layers of fleece and wool, you might see a difference. If you're already doing that, make sure your boots aren't too tight once you add thick socks.

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
I have tried every sock and my feet still get cold. I just bought artic sheilds boot blankets and that is the best purchase I've ever made. They are easy on and easy off. Throw in a hand warmer between the boot and blanket and your feet will never get cold. They are perfect for stand hunting.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
I've tried many merino wool socks, and haven't found a brand yet that I didn't like. Get a thick, high percentage wool sock and you'll wonder why you waited so long. Brand isn't important.

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
I bought some woolrich socks from my local hardware store called the big woolys. I believe they are 85-90 percent wool and they work great for me.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
I've tried many merino wool socks, and haven't found a brand yet that I didn't like. Get a thick, high percentage wool sock and you'll wonder why you waited so long. Brand isn't important.
Yep, I got all different brands and they all wok well. I do like Darn Tough's lifetime warranty. Add a thin, poly liner and you should be GTG.

·
Registered
519 Posts
I too run a liner with a 95% merino wool sock with 800 gr boots. Works pretty good down to 25-30 degrees, with little wind, but what really helped was when I put a carpet tile on my stand base. That extended my sit time by 100% almost before the chill started to set in on real cold days. I hope to get some better severe cold weather, MUCK boots soon. My brother said they are the shiznet. He works road crew outside all day and never gets his feet cold even standing on snow and concrete.

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
walmart sells some nice heavy merino wool socks, $9 i think. i have 3 pairs of em and love em. they're gray/green and gray/red in color.

·
Registered
206 Posts
[How do you attach it to the base, is it a climber?QUOTE=mosh22;1071791987]I too run a liner with a 95% merino wool sock with 800 gr boots. Works pretty good down to 25-30 degrees, with little wind, but what really helped was when I put a carpet tile on my stand base. That extended my sit time by 100% almost before the chill started to set in on real cold days. I hope to get some better severe cold weather, MUCK boots soon. My brother said they are the shiznet. He works road crew outside all day and never gets his feet cold even standing on snow and concrete.[/QUOTE]

1 - 20 of 59 Posts