Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Honestly, these are a hazard to use should hummingbirds be in the area. Guess the color combination?

On my last set this evening, came to full draw and not out of the norm a hummingbird flashes by in my mind on his/her way to one of the feeders. Nope, stopped dead right in front of the bow and then proceeded in to inches of my face as it spied the vanes, wings beating furiously keeping a fresh breeze of air going across my cheek. I wasn't sure what to do so I stood there not flinching but it kept moving around to get a better view or get closer to the vanes so I finally blew on it and it moved off. Freaked me out I punched the shot.:angry:

But it sure was cool.:D

·
XX78 User
4,888 Posts
LOL...That is awesome man. :darkbeer:

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
sweet. Wat color vanes?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Guessing red/yellow combo?

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
744 Posts
Thats insane! I love humminbirds but if they start trying to flogg my arrows I might have to quit feeding them. :D I guess red/white fletch

·
Premium Member
10,326 Posts
Awesome story. I see them sometimes but not that close.

I say white and yellow vanes?

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yellow is one color. Red nock may have had something to do with it. Other color is....

·
Registered
744 Posts
Green?

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
You should have shot it and had it mounted!

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
cool...I'm going to guess, red nock with orange and yellow vanes?

·
Hoyt Nation Life Member
15,077 Posts
Black ??

·
Registered
744 Posts
Dudes got us all guessing and is prolly in bed laughing at us now. :D

If not green and yellow then maybe yellow blue?

·
Premium Member
4,444 Posts
I've never tasted Hummingbird! Shootem and microwave em!

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Dudes got us all guessing and is prolly in bed laughing at us now. :D

If not green and yellow then maybe yellow blue?
The winner is Bowman100. And yes, I was snoozin'.:sleep:

I'm thinking "where's the meat" would be the catch phrase if you try to fricassee these little buggers.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Basis for a new Arrow Affliction show. Hummingbird hunting.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
I've heard a lot of excuses for blowing a shot, but that's a new one! I have had hummingbirds buzz my vanes in my quiver while hunting before, but never while actually shooting.

·
Fat Jesus
29,130 Posts
That's pretty cool, hummingbirds are cool little dudes. When I lived in KY we had a log cabin and had a few feeders on the front porch, after a few found it they really moved in...I think the most we had out there at one time was like 27 birds. It got to be kinda dangerous walking in & out the front door because of all the hummingbirds buzzing the front porch. We used to set on the porch in the swing in the afternoons and watch them. My girls thought they were the coolest things ever and the birds got pretty tame after awhile and would almost seem to play with you. If you sat down in the swing a couple of them would come down and hover a couple inches away from your face, you'd be nose to nose with them. Really cool, I used to have some really good close up pictures of them. I've actualy touched them while they were feeding, some of them would let you rub their backs while they buzzed around the feeder.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts