Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Vendor
5,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This issue came up on another forum and I thought it may be worth posting some info here. As an "Authorized Dealer" for several brands warranty issues come up all the time. Now not every dealer will handle warranties the same way. Generaly, the best you can expect is that the dealer will follow the manufactures guide lines of "repair or replace at our discretion". This may involve replacement parts being shipped to the dealer to be swapped out (and the dealer may or may not charge you labor, the manufacturers have no ability to force dealers to do free warranty work) or the customer (or dealer) may have to ship the bow to the manufacture so they can fix it ( and note that in very few instances will the manufactuer pay shipping to them...generaly that is the owners responsibility and it is clearly written into every warranty I have seen). That is pretty much it....NOW, what happens if a bow is a complete POS?? Well, that is still up to the dealer. I have rarely seen a complete bow swapped out by a manufacturer. for example, If the limbs are bad, the stock is probably just fine. The problem comes when the customer demands a complete new bow. Generaly, that is just not going to happen, well, at least not at the manufacturer end. This is where your specific dealer comes in. Some will either give you a complete new bow, or give you credit towards another brand or model and send your old one in for repair and then sell it as a demo. Others are going to say " Brand X will not swap out the whole bow, all they will cover is replacing the bad parts" and that is the end of it. Legaly they have no authority to do any more than what the manufactuer will do. In those instances where you are stuck with what you feel if a "Friday bow" then the best solution is to get it repaired and sell it and start over. That is why taking the time to choose you dealer is just as important as choosing your bow. There are many great dealers out there that care about the customer and those are worth seeking out. Generaly...the bigger they are the less they will care though that is not always true. I have a local guy that is a complete moron when it comes to customer service and he is not that big at all. So, try several dealers and ask the "what happens if...??" questions. The answers may head off possible aggrivations later..

Wyvern

·
Banned
11,666 Posts
As a true believer I can attest to the benefits of a good dealer. Unfortunately some manufacturers don't know how to spell customer service, but for us the end user, we're thankful some of their dealers do. :darkbeer:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts