Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to wash me scentblocker clothing and I was wondering the tags say to line dry. Does anybody know if it will hurt to put it in the dryer to dry? I wondn't think it would because of the fact that you have to put it in the dryer to activate it. Whats your guys opinion?

· Registered
23,637 Posts
Must be dryed to activate for sure...... I have never hung mine up - they will get clogged with outdoor odors...straight from the dryer to the sealed bag...

· Registered
4,458 Posts
Never used scentblocker only Scent-Lok but probaly works the same.
I always just wash mine for the first time for the season and it goes straigh into the dryer, why not get both done at the same time.
I have done this few a few years now ever since I have been wearing Scent-Lok and no problems with anything yet for me.

· Registered
718 Posts
I never hang my scent blocker to dry it always go straight to the dry from the washer then to a scent free storage container. Ive done this for three years now and have had any problems.

· Registered
53 Posts
Dry

After washing, I put them in the dryer on air only (NO Heat ) until dry, then I activate them in the dryer w/ the heat on and place in scent lok bags.

Good luck this season!

OT

· Registered
4,102 Posts
I wash my road trips fleece once every other week. After the wash I throw it right into the dryer. I have not noticed any fading, shrinkage, or any porblems. Do the same w/ my scent lok full season bibs.

I didn't even look at the tags.

· Banned
8,425 Posts
I have a Scent Blocker suit and I've dried it and it came out fine. My only thing is I don't think I will buy another suit like that from either company. I could be wrong and if so please let me know members. With these suits to reactivate them don't the dryer have to produce more heat than the normal home dryers? If that is the case then how can we customers properly use these suits. This year I've have deer all around me and I've been using nothing but scent free detergent and scent killer sprays once I hit the woods and wearing reguler camo clothing.

· Registered
4,458 Posts
I wash my road trips fleece once every other week. After the wash I throw it right into the dryer. I have not noticed any fading, shrinkage, or any porblems. Do the same w/ my scent lok full season bibs.

I didn't even look at the tags.
I was told by Scent-Lok to wash the garmets like no more than twice a season or only if it gets heavily soiled. As the more you wash it the more it will wear down the stuff in the garments. They said one of their products being washed like I mentioned will last around 6 years.

· Registered
343 Posts
I have a DVD from scentblocker that deals with this topic. They say to wash then to line dry then to activate in dryer then to spray outside of garments with scent free spray. You can buy this DVD from scentblocker or I have sean it at Cabela's.

B-man

· Registered
232 Posts
Interesting point to hear about line drying them first.I just washed mine last night getting ready for this weekend.I just washed and put in the dryer on high heat and in a scent proof zip up bag.But this is the first time I've washed them.

· Registered
10,157 Posts
i read an article a few years back that said in order to properly activate the carbon you need to use a commercial dryer as the ones in most peoples homes don't generate enough heat to activate carbon

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.