Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
24,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
are the 1 1/4 jack hammers nice. for the price they look really good.

anyone use them? are they reliable?

thanks

·
Registered
24,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
are they hard to open with the o ring?

hows the penetration?

im firing a 360isg gr arrow at around 280 fps getting over 60# ke. think i could get a pass through at 30 yds with them?

30 is the farthest shot i can take on the land i hunt. tight areas. plus past that im not comfortable on living things.

·
Excellence is tolerated.
2,994 Posts
Great head. Takes all the fun out of tracking though...many critters fall within sight.

·
I'm nicer than I appear
8,041 Posts
are they hard to open with the o ring?

hows the penetration?

im firing a 360isg gr arrow at around 280 fps getting over 60# ke. think i could get a pass through at 30 yds with them?

30 is the farthest shot i can take on the land i hunt. tight areas. plus past that im not comfortable on living things.

I stopped counting around 14 kills a couple of years ago...can't remember when i switched from the 1 3/4" to the 1 1/4" though, but both are great heads, very reliable.

Good luck and good hunting :)

·
Banned
3,965 Posts
They are great heads. Just screw 1 on & shoot something & you'll know why they have such a loyal following. Even without advertising.

·
Registered
24,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
for the price i might have to try them out. like $24.

thanks

·
Registered
304 Posts
I use the 1 3/4" and they work great not a failure yet even on a very steep angle shot just yesterday on a coyote. My buddy uses them too with great results. You cant go wrong for the price

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
I am getting pass throughs and watching the deer fall over. I am very happy with them.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Been shooting them since 2000 and love them. Reliable and deadly!! Never will use anything else until these are gone for good. Massive blood and quick kills. They have opened everytime for me with all sorts of shots. They will crush bones as well. They are tough heads without a doubt. Go get you some and you will see.

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
I've been shooting the Jackhammer SST's for several years now, only mechanical I trust & like.

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
Agree with the above posts. Wasp Jak hammers are some of the best mechs available. Never had a problem with a Rocket steelhead, Nap Spitfire, or wasp jak hammer. My 3 favorites.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I also use the Wasp Jak Hammers, they work very well. Last year one Deer crumpled after just 20 yards as it just walked away after being hit. It was a complete pass through. I don't even think it knew it was hit. I will continue to use Wasp Broadheads. Buys some, you won't be disappointed.:wink:

·
Registered
6,482 Posts
I use the 1 3/4" Jackhammers with AWESOME !! results. I always play with different broaheads but the Jackhammer without question is my number one choice it is the best on the market bare none

·
Registered
864 Posts
I've never lost a deer that I hit with a Jak-hammer with most going down within 75yds. My only complaint is that they are just not that tough of a head. More times than not, the ferulle or tip would be bent.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Small entrance holes, but killed deer quickly. Grim Reapers are better.

·
Registered
24,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
sound like alot of good results. if my buzzcuts dont want to work with me ill have to try these out. might get a pack anyways i need heads for yotes and turkey

1 - 20 of 44 Posts