Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question....

I have been shooting the Wasp Jakhammer SST 3 blade for a few years and have been pretty happy with it. I went on a hunt and was talking to a friend who has been shooting the Muzzy Trocar HB 3 blades and has been very happy with them. He showed me some "performance pics" and I was very impressed with the pics of the entry/exit hole and the blood trail. What are your thoughts for those of you that have experience with both mechanicals?? Thanks in advance !

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
I have been shooting jakhammers for a few years now....after having shot many other fixed and mechanical heads including rage. to me there is no better than jakhammer....super sharp and on the cheaper side. the blades tend to bend but that's fine as they're a piece of cake to replace. 1 3/4" diameter with reliable passthroughs.

·
Registered
420 Posts
With higher KE - momentum setups it is really hard to beat the performance of Wasp Jak-Hammers 1 3/4 inch cut broadheads on whitetails. Friends, Family and I have killed a pile of animals with them for almost 20 years. They have options for lower kE -momentum set ups also.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Quartering shots are fine. The wasp blades set back from the point vs a spitfire for example which are known to deflect because the blades are forward of the point. My experience anyway

1 - 8 of 8 Posts