Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at our Kansas Bowhunters convention last night and won a pack of these broadheads. http://www.wasparchery.com/leadingedge.html

Has anyone tried these out, or have they just come out? I couldn't find much info on them. I figure I'd try them out, they are kind of small, not sure what kind of blood trail it would create, although I'm used to 1 1/2 mechanicals, they usually leave tremendous holes.
Anyways, if anyone has any experience with these, I'd like to hear your opinions!

Thanks, Kevin

· Registered
851 Posts
Kevin, these are not new.
My only experience with these was the first deer I killed with a bow in '06
17yrd shot slightly quarting away. 110-120 lb deer
It hit 2 ribs going in(one hard the other slightly) through chest
exit hit 1 rib and through the thin sholder blade. It ran about 80yrds in a semi circle and dropped. I don't know about a blood trail but there was blood everywhere where it laid. This was on an acc 3-49 with 3" feathers with a weight of 383 grains. arrow was in the dirt about 5"
The blades were in good shape as I just used a hand held sharpener on them to bring them back to sharpness. I did not get another shot that year using them and being my first year with a bow I have been trying different heads since. I have got them for a kid I mentor and he uses them some or looses them so have to get others but my timing must be wrong as the bow shop doesn't have them in when I'm out so I have been using others.
They flew real good to 40yrds( this being before I knew to check heads by spinning them on my arrows).
as long as they shoot good for you You shouldn't have any problems with them killing as long as you do your part.
Hope this helps

· Registered
2,297 Posts
Thumbs up

They may seem small but they fly like bullets.I use them out west in MT where there is always wind and chance of longer shots.Ive killed a huge black bear,many deer and an elk with them.I like the accuracy.Great head!

· Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone for the info on them, they sound like very good heads! As soon as I get my deer rig set up, I will be testing them out, I may try a couple other fixed blades out as well. I've got a different hunting rig for this fall, and I have the itch to try something new in the broadhead dept. to go with it.

Thanks again,

Kevin

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.