Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Camel-back

I have been using Camel-back 101 ounce bladders in my 2200, and two other packs. I have had one in my 2200 for a few years, and it works great. The 2200 is a great pack.

·
Beer Whisperer
11,211 Posts
Any of the Camel-Bak bladders get my vote. Best bite valve out there plus lots of accessories such as an insulating sleeve for cold weather.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
I use a 96oz bladder in my 2200, actually 3 of us have these packs in our hunting group. You are best suited to put the exact bladder in it that was designed for the square zippered pocket at top of pack. It's a pain to have a bladder that wasn't made for that pocket. What happens is most bladders are too long in shape & sit outside this designed pocket & gets in the way of other items in pack.

So choose the right bladder for your 2200 pack & you will be much happier! (grin)

ElkNut1

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Don't use the Badlands bladder, they aren't durable.

When I originally got my 2200, I bought the little Badlands bladder. It sprung a leak, in less than a week. I have a friend that had the same trouble.
We have the Camel-backs, that are in their own case, which has a hanger at the top. The 2200 has a loop at the top of the pack, that works great for a bladder. It keeps it to the back, and to the top. I use the square pocket for other stuff. I have been using it in this manner for a few years, and had no issues with the bladder being in the way. I have three different Badlands packs, all set up this way. Two of my hunting buddies use them also. The Camel-backs seem to be the most durable. I have one that is the military issue model, it is even thicker. Just FYI.
Badlands replaced my leaky bladder. The replacement also failed.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
D.Lane, interesting! If we had problems as you have we too would search a new alternative!
To date though, (3 years) none of us have had a single issue with the bladders that fit the pouch, not sure why you have? I did use the longer version at first but it would have to be pushed away or moved to the side everytime I wanted to access the pack from the front where the shoulder straps are. I really do like it in it's proper pouch as it's 100% out of the way.

It's all what a guy is willing to put up with I guess!! (grin)

ElkNut1

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
All three leaked at the hose connection.

D.Lane, interesting! If we had problems as you have we too would search a new alternative!
To date though, (3 years) none of us have had a single issue with the bladders that fit the pouch, not sure why you have? I did use the longer version at first but it would have to be pushed away or moved to the side everytime I wanted to access the pack from the front where the shoulder straps are. I really do like it in it's proper pouch as it's 100% out of the way.

It's all what a guy is willing to put up with I guess!! (grin)

ElkNut1
Yeah, bad luck I guess. My two, and one of my friend's, all leaked where the hose meets the bladder. We both carry allot of gear, maybe the weight has something to do with it. The Badlands packs are well made, and can handle rigorous use. I am always impressed with what my 2200 can haul, on the first trip out with gear, and meat. I have had some real heavy loads on it.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
I'm with you all the way on the packs toughness! I have a couple photos of our 2200's with a hindquarter & front shoulder on the bone along with a backstrap & tenderloin of an elk from this year, the weight of the elk & all our inside items was no issue at all, we took 3 elk out this year with with similar loads & a few others from the previous years, they work great & are comfortable with that amount of weight on them!
I wish I knew how to post a photo here but I'm PC challenged!

ElkNut1

·
My Elk Hunting Home
32,364 Posts
The 2200 has a loop at the top of the pack, that works great for a bladder. It keeps it to the back, and to the top. I use the square pocket for other stuff.
I don't have the 2200, but I do the same with my packs and my military-grade Camelback. Every bladder that I have received with a pack is a piece of junk. Last year my buddy used his that came with his Dwight Schuh pack, put it on my back seat while we drove in, and it leaked all over the seat and down the front into my extra pair of boots.:angry:

This year I'll be putting my bladder in the spotting scope sleeve on my Sitka pack, since a spotting scope won't fit in it.:confused:

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
When I originally got my 2200, I bought the little Badlands bladder. It sprung a leak, in less than a week. I have a friend that had the same trouble.
We have the Camel-backs, that are in their own case, which has a hanger at the top. The 2200 has a loop at the top of the pack, that works great for a bladder. It keeps it to the back, and to the top. I use the square pocket for other stuff. I have been using it in this manner for a few years, and had no issues with the bladder being in the way. I have three different Badlands packs, all set up this way. Two of my hunting buddies use them also. The Camel-backs seem to be the most durable. I have one that is the military issue model, it is even thicker. Just FYI.
That's suprising. I have had the Badlands bladder for my 2800 for almost three years and it has been great! I just used it again on Saturday. It fits the compartment perfectly, as you would expect, and the valve is very easy to use.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
D Lane,

I am a visual person and am wondering if you could post a picture of this set up. Thanks for the reply.

Coach

·
Registered
890 Posts
Ive got the Badlands bladder in my Superday. I dont use mine as often as some of the western hunters but I have used it a good bit. Im going on 2 years with mine and havent had any problems.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So.. I have looked up some info on the Cammel Back water bladder. What about the Badlands bladder?

Where can I get one and how much are they for the 96 ounce version.

Thanks for the help.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts