Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
String wax.. yes.. this $5.00 tube of wax prevents you from buying $100 worth of strings.. go out and buy some today.. your strings will thank you for it.

Anyone stopped using the tubed wax and gone for something like the winners choice stuff? (something more liquid)

I've never tried anything but the old tube wax, but I'm thinking that this attracts dirt and doesn't penetrate the string. Am I missing out not getting something like string venom or the winners choice stuff?

·
Registered
379 Posts
Wax

I stopped using regular tube wax about 2 years ago. I switched to scorpion venom in the tin can. Then this year I am using string snot. It is by far the best I have used. It soaks in well and is waterproof. It is also very clean and does not ball up. No hair dryer needed to soak it in. It seems to last longer also.

·
Registered
12,933 Posts
I stopped using regular tube wax about 2 years ago. I switched to scorpion venom in the tin can. Then this year I am using string snot. It is by far the best I have used. It soaks in well and is waterproof. It is also very clean and does not ball up. No hair dryer needed to soak it in. It seems to last longer also.

Yep snot is great .. I was using Venom but it seemed to dry out my string faster than just leaving it alone...

Snot keeps it in great shape ... It really does do what it says

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What about this stuff??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.