Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about a WB rest but right now all I have are feathers on my arrows. Anybody use feathers with their WB and how long will they last? If anyone has any suggestions for vanes, I'd like to hear those comments as well.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I hAVE shot a wb with feathers for 2 years and it shoots great. I do suggest you use 4 inch feathers and the wb you order is the extra large hole size for big alum arrows. I found with this setup no ware of the feathers and just a great hunting rest. My setup now is a alpine imack one compound at 62 lbs, draw 29 inch with easton 400 carbons arrows and 4 inch feathers. The bigger hole in the wb does not affect shot acuracy and does reduce any chance of feather or fletching ware. I have sevral of my archery customers shooting this setup with the larger hold for the 2 inch high speed bh vanes.they are just loving the setup.

·
Registered
8,388 Posts
I had a buddy come over the other day and we set his bow up with a new WB. He was shooting 4" feathers and they slipped thru that thing like it wasn't even there. The feathers just lay right down. I would say you need to make sure they are glued-on well, especially the fronts.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies, guys.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Been shooting the carbon WB with carbon arrows - 4" feathers for 3 years w/o issue (except a little noise on the draw).

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
It's a little tougher on feather fletching but they fly truer than the vanes I think..... guess it just depends on length of time you an arrow fletching to last. In hunting season I use the same one until a kill then is when I switch to another :wink:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts