Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rubbed the crystal ball and here's what I see in say, oh about Nov of 2010. Polls show the American people are getting tired of the same ole Washington fat cats. So in 2010, the pendulum swings back and now the GOP takesback the House and Senate. Now before you dems write me off your Christmas list, hear me out.
I don't want the same ole Washington. I don't want "We the people" continue to argue whose party/admin is worse. That's not the point.
I want a better goverment! PERIOD!!
1. Washington should be run as a business with the same common sense and fiscal responsilbilities. Quit putting current spending on our children's future.
2. No pork inserted into bills to "bribe" passage.
3. Make Congress read the bills voted on, and post it to the web for feed back from the employer (that's us).
4. Remove double taxation. Once income is taxed - leave us alone. No death tax, capital gain tax, or other "gotcha twice" tax.
5. ........
We deserve it. It's time to let the election process to work for us - not Washington.
What say you?

·
Registered
976 Posts
I would vote for anyone who believed in these principals, no matter what party. Unfortunatly the way things are right now we need to at least even the playing field and get some more Republicans in. It will happen in 2010.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I hear ya JimRay. I am registered to party 'X' but have no problem voting for party 'Y'. There is corruption everywhere and at this time I cannot go strictly with party loyalty. I want the man or woman who I believe will ethically. I would love to see the lobbyists replaced by the voice of the American people so it's like our founding fathers intended!

We are very polarized right now and it hurts me knowing we could be making WAY more progress. Some may, but I really don't think it's odd to have values from both sides of the spectrum. Okay, my political alignment above was for setup sake. I am a registered Democrat but to me, it's just my license to vote now. I must say this...we here in Indiana are blessed with some of who I think are the greatest Republicans in office and I vote for them on a regular basis. Great Americans such as Dick Lugar, Mitch Daniels (my man Mitch), and Evan Bayh. These guys are working hard to keep things going for Indiana. I have only worked at my current job for 2 1/2 years and have seen Mitch come through twice! :clap:

In all, I too want a better government! One where those in Washington remember this country was based on a meeting of the minds for the sake of our people. I feel a loss of brotherhood and would like it back. I don't think any of us are that different. We've just been told we are.

·
Occam's Razor
8,567 Posts
Heck, I'd even vote for a democrat if he pledged to follow your "rules", but I don't really have to worry about that, do I?:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)...............................ck

·
Registered
160 Posts
I rubbed the crystal ball and here's what I see in say, oh about Nov of 2010. Polls show the American people are getting tired of the same ole Washington fat cats. So in 2010, the pendulum swings back and now the GOP takesback the House and Senate. Now before you dems write me off your Christmas list, hear me out.
I don't want the same ole Washington. I don't want "We the people" continue to argue whose party/admin is worse. That's not the point.
I want a better goverment! PERIOD!!
1. Washington should be run as a business with the same common sense and fiscal responsilbilities. Quit putting current spending on our children's future.
2. No pork inserted into bills to "bribe" passage.
3. Make Congress read the bills voted on, and post it to the web for feed back from the employer (that's us).
4. Remove double taxation. Once income is taxed - leave us alone. No death tax, capital gain tax, or other "gotcha twice" tax.
5. ........
We deserve it. It's time to let the election process to work for us - not Washington.
What say you?
AMEN.....I have never been more upset with the federal government as I am at this point.

·
Registered
49 Posts
You want 8 more years of Bush?? I don't

I lived through 8 of the most corrupt years in our countriy's history under Bush/Cheney. I'm disgusted with Reid/Pelosi and I'd vote Obama out in a heartbeat. If you can find a Teddy Roosevelt II, I'll vote for him. I'd settle for an Eisenhower, who warned us of the "Military Industrial Complex's power".
Under Bush/Cheney we outsourced our jobs (yes, begun by Clinton), ignored warnings before 9-11, increased the size of government (Clinton at least shrunk it), passed the Patriot Act without reading it, and created the largest National debt in our history. You want to vote the Republicans back in?? As a wise man once said, "We can't trust the Republicans with our money".

BTW, why should I believe that the former head of Haliburton (Dick Cheney), who shoots 3000 doves on a weekend hunting trip with Supreme Court Judge Anthony Scalia, has anything in common with hunter sportsmen like me?:confused:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts