Archery Talk Forum banner

What strap is the best

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
I like the velcro, especially for practicing. I use it hunting, too, but hate the sound it makes in the woods. Gotta make a point to be as quite with it as possible.

At least you have someone else at your office that knows what a release is. The people I work with wouldn't know a release from a stabilizer!

·
Registered
14,295 Posts
Buckle as long as its a Truballs, I love mine. Best $$$ I ever spent on a hunting product.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
I guess it shouldn't really matter because if you're putting it on before heading into the woods there would be no deer around to hear the velcro. But I still prefer the buckle over velcro.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Neither!!!
(I'm a finger shooter :D)

·
Registered
610 Posts
Dee Wilde taught me that a buckle is better because it puts the release at the same place on your hand every time. Same length and position on your hand means a more consistant anchor point = better accuracy. Plus if you ever have to take it off for any reason, like taking a dump in the woods, it won't make any noise.

·
Registered
18,869 Posts
A buckle is precise and quite, velcro is neither.

·
Banned
2,045 Posts
Spreggy said:
A buckle is precise and quite, velcro is neither.
Yes SIR!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,181 Posts
Velcro for me.

More adjustable for when I am wearing gloves or not.

·
Registered
8,134 Posts
I like velcro. I thought about getting one with a buckle, but with velcro, I can get the release in the same spot in my hand whether I'm wearing no gloves, my cool weather gloves, or my cold weather gloves. I don't think I can get that level of adjustability from pre-punched holes in the buckle.

I put my release on when I leave my vehicle, so noise isn't an issue.

·
Banned
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Skippy Archer said:
Dee Wilde taught me that a buckle is better because it puts the release at the same place on your hand every time. Same length and position on your hand means a more consistant anchor point = better accuracy. Plus if you ever have to take it off for any reason, like taking a dump in the woods, it won't make any noise.
You can take a dump in the woods without making any noise? Me trying to get out of coveralls and dump without falling back in it makes way more noise than velcro. :)

·
Wishing it was elk season
796 Posts
I had a velcro and bought a new one with a buckle....buckle all the way!

·
Registered
34,166 Posts
Skippy Archer said:

Yep what he said.

Even the dump part.:wink:

·
Registered
4,070 Posts
I like velcro. Never used a buckle. I don't think there is any problem with consistency. I don't have buckle shoes, but I can tie them the same way every day.:wink:

1 - 20 of 53 Posts