Archery Talk Forum banner

Weapon of Choice in NC didn't Pass!!!!!!!

840 Views 19 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  willie
Thank God they didn't pass the weapon on choice law in NC that would have destroyed bow season. Congratulations to everyone who worked so hard to stop this. Also sunday hunting on private land also passed!!!!!!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· may the x-Force be with u
1,177 Posts
What was the "weapon of choice" proposal?
They proposed to allow anyone to use what ever weapon they chose from September to January 1st.

· Registered
1,402 Posts
They proposed to allow anyone to use what ever weapon they chose from September to January 1st.
That is one of the dumbest bills I have heard of yet. Glad you where able to vote it down.

· Registered
36,987 Posts
But atleast the Bowhunter can now bowhunt on Sunday , as long as they hunt private land

· may the x-Force be with u
1,177 Posts
I can't believe that they took away the daily bag limit on deer. You can now kill all 6 deer in 1 day!

REDICULOUS!!

· Registered
47 Posts
weapon of choice didn't pass

Good ole NC government. Bribed by the insurance companies complaining about deer/car collisions.

Is there anywhere else in the USA that you can kill 4 bucks and 8 does on opening day of deer season?

For those of you that don't know - democrats have run this state my entire life.

· Registered
10,662 Posts
Good ole NC government. Bribed by the insurance companies complaining about deer/car collisions.

Is there anywhere else in the USA that you can kill 4 bucks and 8 does on opening day of deer season?

For those of you that don't know - democrats have run this state my entire life.
My condolences on the Democrat run.. :pukey:

I don't think that the insurance companies are behind a lot of this in any state. They will not absorb any costs of deer/auto collisions. They just up the premiums to offset the cost.

· Registered
36,987 Posts
I can't beleive that anyone would propose an any weapons season.

Do you all have that many deer down there that the DNR wants to slaughter them?
Not that many deer here , I was shocked that that passed .

· Registered
47 Posts
weapon of choice

NC deer herd is over 1 million. The eastern part of the state has the higher densities. Some areas have close to 100 deer per square mile. The weight and antler size have declined steadily in recent years.

· Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
They voted the law down in the western part of the state where the deer herd is not that strong. They still have a very long gun season in the eastern part of the state. They were trying to bring the same season structure of the eastern part to the western part. Thats what didnt pass.

· Registered
6,153 Posts
My condolences on the Democrat run.. :pukey:

I don't think that the insurance companies are behind a lot of this in any state. They will not absorb any costs of deer/auto collisions. They just up the premiums to offset the cost.
The insurance companies are pushing for higher deer limits in several states.
I know That for a fact. Don't believe other wise

· Registered
10,662 Posts
The insurance companies are pushing for higher deer limits in several states.
I know That for a fact. Don't believe other wise
Not doubting your word, but I have heard that many times from hunters in Indiana and I was on the Deer Advisory Committee for the DNR and there was regular discussions on that subject. The insurance companees did not lobby the DNR to increase permits.

Deer/auto accidents costs? Pass it on..

Some confusion came about with Farm Bureau lobbying the DNR, but that was the farmers side of FB, not the insurance side. "Save the crops shoot some more deer".

Indiana DNR does use deer/auto accident numbers, previous year buck kill numbers and close location of urban areas as PART of their formula for figuring out individual county "antlerless pernmits". But, no insuracne comapnies in cahoots with the DNR.

Just for my own knowledge, can you show me these facts that you have on the insurance companies lobbying the DNRs? It might be different in some states.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.