Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok im going to start by saying I'm not a poacher. I'm not going to use this on deer or turkeys or any game that can't legally be persued at night. I mostly just want to play with the bow after the sun goes down. My current idea is to use some existing quiver mount that I already have (kwikee and bohning laying around) and creating a picatinny rail that indexes the sight. Then i would just use some of the 1" tube weapons mounts out there for my ar15 I already have and a polytac Streamlight to save weight, but give exilent performance.

My other idea was to somehow make a mount from the stabalizer to hold the flashlight, but I realived this would be harder to turn on/off and the light would be mounted farther from the field of view.

here is the light I will be using because it is really light weight, awesome beam, and I have one laying around collecting dust.
Streamlight-PolyTacLEDHP-2.jpg

·
Registered
49 Posts
i love that pollytac, its a hell of a light, the easyest thing i can think of that is easy free and functional and i have used it to shoot in the dark is simply rubberbanding the light to the stab with a few good heavy bands. $.20 and 2 minutes

·
Registered
822 Posts
i bough a light and zip tied it to my stab but i would like to mount it better. how do yall hook it up to the stab like the above pictured?? also how do you get the cord to turn the light on (im guessing when u push it)?

thanks

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
i bough a light and zip tied it to my stab but i would like to mount it better. how do yall hook it up to the stab like the above pictured?? also how do you get the cord to turn the light on (im guessing when u push it)?

thanks
I cut the ends off a cell phone car charger. wired one end to the light. the other end(the switch). The wires are stripped bare,wrapped tightly w aluminum foil with a piece of milk jug between the wires and taped together. The piece of jug keeps the wires apart until you press the pad.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts