Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I figured this out today and haven’t seen it posted anywhere. Maybe it has and I’m late to the game. But to weight match my regular X nocks on the 5mm arrows to my Nockturnals there was a 16 grain difference. All I did was insert a regular 16 grain HIT into the nock end of the arrow then put on a regular nock and it’s perfect weight. Then if I ever want to remove it or put in a Nockturnal all I have to do it screw in a field point to the nock end and pull the insert out. Hope this helps someone cuz I was pulling my hair out trying to weight match with BBS and screws and wire anything I could find and this was way easier.

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Thanks for posting this. I've been toying with a solution as well. I shoot black eagle rampage and I found that the BE stock nocks fit much tighter on the string than my nocturnals so I was debating just buying the BE pin bushings (19 grains) and finding some pin nocks (4 grains) that have a similar nock throat to the nocturnals. Has anyone else gone this route? Sorry, hopefully this doesn't derail the thread.

·
Premium Member
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes the hit inserts does on hard impacts or arrows that the hit inserts aren’t super tight. I use bohning cool melt to get them to stay and then I can easily remove them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts