Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this is my second arrow that breaks in this weird way. The is a crack horizontally at the bottom of the arrow, about one and a half inches. This happened with an easton acc arrow and now with an easton ace arrow. The ace one never hit anything hard. My guess is that my arrows are so short the bend where the point is and it breaks (the ace shaft is 25 inches) . However, I have been shooting ace arrows for a few months now and it's the only one that broke. Does anybody know why this happens?

Here's a pic of the damage (acc on top and ace on the bottom)

DSC_4901.jpg

·
ONE DAY AT A TIME
4,165 Posts
Are you using hot melt to glue in points? I had this happen with some hexx arrows. Was using the blue cold melt (heat insert and apply the cold melt, insert and dunk in cold water). Four of my arrows had cracked like that and I was told it was because of the heat from the insert and glue.

·
Registered
11,549 Posts
Are you using hot melt to glue in points? I had this happen with some hexx arrows. Was using the blue cold melt (heat insert and apply the cold melt, insert and dunk in cold water). Four of my arrows had cracked like that and I was told it was because of the heat from the insert and glue.
I try to heat insert less and glue more just not to turn it black. If you get em to hot they can make them weak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Yes only warm the tip, and heat the glue. Then as soon as you get the tip in the shaft, dip in water to cool it faster.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts