Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They were hitting a little left. I adjusted sight. One started hitting dead on. Other one kept hitting left.

I turned the knock to another vane up. Started hitting high! Turned it to the other vane up, started hitting right!

I swap the heads on the two arrows. Both start hitting perfect.

WHAT??

Anyone have any theories?

·
Registered
7,101 Posts
Nothing new, and a good thing to revisit here in the tuning section.
Some go to great lenths to index nocks prior to fletching. Some do it as you just discoved, with broadheads. If you square both ends of the shafts and the insert it should reduce the difference but it can still be there. There can be a difference in nock orientation. I believe it has to due with the layers of carbon(stiff or weak side of a shaft) and/or how square your nock and broadhead are to the shaft.

·
Registered
420 Posts
2x w/ red44. one never knows. i've made 6 hunting arrows..custom made...and dog-gone if one will be off terribly. No known reason but adjust the nock and ta da right on. With that all 6 can can work right. With others I have had to work a whole lot more. Gives on a real appreciation on making each arrow spin right and even then there is no absolutes.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. For the record these are Easton Full Metal Jackets.

·
Registered
725 Posts
I swap the heads on the two arrows. Both start hitting perfect.
I've seen this kind of thing before. If you have a spin tester, then put a broadhead on an arrow and spin it then swap heads and see how different it is. I'm not real sure why, but some individual heads fly better on some individual shafts. If you have a digital weight scale then weight the heads and shafts and try to get the weight the same on all hunting arrows. Hope this helps! -Chris

1 - 7 of 7 Posts