Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
washed up wannabe
12,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Helping a buddy set up a Bear TRX to hunt with today. It's a single cam bow. He's shooting a whisker bisquit for a rest, set even with the hole in the riser for height. Center shot is set dead ahead. He is shooting with a string loop and a release.

We paper tuned and tuned the broadhead groups to hit with the field points. Over and over again we ended up with a nock point BELOW square by about 1/8". In several bow books I have they say to NEVER go below square for a nock point, yet most of these books don't cover single cams.

The bow groups excellent and the arrows fly true. We're just worried there is something wrong or out of time.

Any ideas?

·
EPLC Stabilization 4-Sale
9,420 Posts
AKDoug said:
The bow groups excellent and the arrows fly true. We're just worried there is something wrong or out of time.

Any ideas?
Only one... You answered yourself above, so don't worry about it...

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
A while back I had a similar problem on my Mathews bow. I don't know why, but the split yoke on the cable was not adjusted right and caused the upper idler wheel/limb to lean to the side. I put extra twists on cable guard side of the yoke to take the lean out of the idler/limb and it fixed the low nock problem. Why? I don't know, but it worked. I too had great flying arrows. The only thing I noticed was that my arrows were hitting higher at 15 and 20 yards than they were at 10 yards. Obviously, this was because of the low nock.

Check your idler lean by placing an arrow along the face of your upper idler. Your arrow should run parallel to your string if your upper yoke is adjusted correctly. If your arrow runs away or toward your string, adjust your yoke accordingly.

You could also check vane/rest clearance, spring tension on rest and arrow spine. These could possilblycause your problem too.

Hope this helps! Good luck!

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
I have always had my nocking point at 1/8 below or close to it. thats the way it goes through paper for me. so don't worry about it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts