Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Post the strangest looking bows you've seen, or the weirdest/dumbest thing you've ever seen or heard someone do in regards to archery.

I'll start with this thing:

I guess it's a paintball attachment for a bow.
Well, take it from me, I've played a lot of paintball, and there is ZERO advantage to being "stealthy and quiet" when playing paintball with your friends (which is the only time you'd EVER use this dumb thing). Every game results in people shooting as fast as they possibly can, repeatedly. A Bow paintball gun is ******ed.

and then there's this thing. I'm sure you've all seen/heard of it by now:

·
Registered
24,952 Posts
i think the pellet gun version is pretty freakin cool. im not runningout and buying one but its cool.

and the weirdest bow i have seen would be the Monster bows.

so weird looking but at the same time i want one.:darkbeer:

·
Registered
5,042 Posts
In regards to the paintball attachment, they make a pellet one to shoot at like rabbits and prairie dogs and I thought it was pretty cool because we have a lot of prairie dogs here.

·
Banned
3,965 Posts
I've seen it before but the second "bow" still looks more like a sling shot to me! LOL

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
and then there's this thing. I'm sure you've all seen/heard of it by now:
Why does Scott Howard's dad even need a little bow like that? Can't he just run around and catch his prey with his hands and eat it with his werewolf fangs?

·
Registered
517 Posts
How bout the "Steady Ready" from Night & Hale? It was used as a prop between your forearm and your side.
Those string trackers that screwed in to your stabilizer hole was pretty funny. It was loaded with dental floss that would break if you looked at it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have an aquaintance who I think worked on the design of that small bow. Was that being developed in Colorado? He said it worked in theory but did not have the speed.

·
Registered
769 Posts
The Liberty bow is strange to say the least. A novelty IMO. What is the point of a riserless bow?:confused: However, it would look good in the pads of a Jackalope

·
Registered
780 Posts
I like that paintball and pellet contraption. I wouldn't play paintball with it unless I was with a group of guy or gals who had the same thing to level the playing field. Then it might be more fun. That liberty bow is wack. I've shot it before and I didn't like it one bit. I also hate the look and feel of the limb saver bows.

·
Registered
140 Posts
hmmm... i take it you've never heard of stock class paintball?

as to the airowgun, its not for recball/speedball, its a scenario thing (as you said, games are too fast in recball/speedball).

MBI bows certainly look strange the first time you see them, but they grow on you... to the point where i have a Dragon on the way xD

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Homeboy shooting the Liberty 1 sure takes the time to do his hair! Sexyman! LOL!
I've met him a couple times, and shaking hands with him is like grabbing a brick. He's a tough hombre, but a heck of a nice guy. It's a goofy looking bow, but actually does shoot pretty well.

I shoot for Monster Bows, and while I'm used to the looks, it's a unique looking bow, and deadly accurate.

·
Registered
5,466 Posts
To me the X Force and Mathews Monster are about the craziest designs yet.

They definitely function well, but they are weird looking.

Those and the Monster bows. Different to say the least.

·
Registered
316 Posts
i love my deadzone but i think the speedzone looks kinda funky

·
Registered
7,321 Posts
"Maitland" (who is creating the sweetest looking bow ever) recently posted these center pivot bows from 1989. Disgusting looking things.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 37 Posts