Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got myself a new one a few weeks ago, had an extreme low tear from the start.
I was pushing 3/8 nock high before this thing would shoot. Not having that.

I then took four bows, shot them with the same arrow and release, and they shot perfect. That eliminated the human side imo.

A few phone calls later, bottom limbs determined to be wrong, new limbs sent.
Put those on with no change whatsoever. Decided that this one's going back, started stripping my stuff off.

I was down to just the rest still on the bow, and decided to shoot it one more time. I hate it when a bow whips me.
To my surprise, a high tear. Kept shooting, high tear.

Went back to I mean almost near level with the rest, perfect holes.
Thought this out for a bit, and determined it had to be the weight of the peep. I shoot a string splitter, and it weighs 24 grains. Put the peep back in, over 1'' low tear.

Installed a 14 grain peep, the tear reduced by 1/2.

So, to counter the weight difference on the string, I installed a peep in the bottom of the string. Back to perfect holes again.
I'm hoping to just cut the speed nocks from the top of the string to balance the weight on the string from top to bottom.

Most frustrating thing I've ever come across, never in my life seen that.

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
That's nothing. You should see what my PSE does with no speed nocks on the string. Or my Hoyt wheel bow at full poundage.....

lee.

·
Back Yard Champion
29,787 Posts
That close....one cam not quite right. May show perfect timing, but due to build up. Yep, put a couple "out of time" to get something desirable for nock height setting. Bows shot great, but then they shot great before with 1/4 and 3/8" nock high.

Had same thing and reported of it a while back. Shot bow with sights, testing through paper to start. Super nice "bullet holes" right off the bat. Added stabs and had to start all over because of ripping paper.

·
Registered
8,409 Posts
That is weird, factory strings I assume? If not I wonder if a good set of customs would have the same problem.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
I have a bow that tunes strange like that. Maybe I need to move some string weight around slightly.

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts