Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I remember how disorganized I was the first time out last year (1st year archery hunting). Well, the same deal this year. Despite how much I prepared, I really ought to start doing some trial runs of all the little things in the dark.

I had to take a different route to the area I hunt due to wind conditions so I didn't go in the tree I usually climb. Went up and down the tree four times this morning. The first time up I didn't go out enough on the cables and almost ripped the skin off my face when the bottom of my climber started sliding down. (Yes I had my harness on). I had to go down and let out more cable. The next time up I had the safety rope that is tied between the top and bottom of the climber pinched in the teeth, so I had to go down and fix it. Then daylight breaks and I realize I have no shooting lanes in the direction I was likely going to see deer.:mad: So, then I changed trees. I guess it is no big surprise I didn't see a darn thing.:embara: Oh well, I'd sooner make the mistakes now and get them over with.

· Registered
1,391 Posts
Yeah, the growing pains are bad. They will get better, then you can say, " I knew better that that". Good luck the rest of your season!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.