Archery Talk Forum banner

Well I made a new weight to fit in the top harmonic dampener for my reezen 6.5

1017 Views 6 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  Mig
Yes I finally got my Reezen 6.5 and I love it. It came with the new harmonic dampener on the bottom. Well I took the top aluminum dampener out and found it to be too light for my taste. I was going to buy the new harmonic dealer from my dealer for $7.50. But I didn't know if I wanted all the extra weight the new dampener has to the top of the riser.

So I went down to my basement found a piece of brass and got to work on the lathe. The dampener I made is heavier then the one that was in the top location of the riser but not as heavy as the new harmonic dampener. I'll try to weigh them with a reloading scale to compare them better.

WEIGHED THEM.

Aluminum "stock" dampener = 91 gr. or 0.1896 ounces

MY DAMPENER = 415.5 gr. or .8865 ounces

Oh ya, here is the picture of the one in and the one I made right next to it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
278 Posts
You have a metal lathe in your basement. I am impressed and the weight looks good also.

· Registered
966 Posts
Didn't Mathews at one time send aluminum and brass wieghts?

· Registered
1,553 Posts
I am not positive when they quit, but my switchback XT was the last one I got that came with both sets

BTW-looks great.

· Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys. It wasn't hard to make at all. Just take a lot of measurements in between cuts.

Oh ya, the lathe I used isn't really "modern". It was built in 1867. NO JOKE. My dad is waiting for companies or schools around here to get rid of their used equipment to get the newest stuff so they'll sell they old stuff.

We also have to smaller lathes for small parts, but no milling machine:sad:

if I did sell these which I don't intend to, I bet I'll be hearing from Mathews lol.

It does work better then the stock aluminum one but it still weighs less then the New Harmonic Dampener then provide with the Reezen now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.