Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
1,973 Posts
I went to check my stand today & it was gone. Why can't people keep there hands off of property that is not theres let alone stay the HELL off of private property. I hope for there sake i don't come across them in my stand. I wonder if it is even worth telling the police. Any opinions feel free to express. Oh i am so pissed.:mad:

· Registered
2,403 Posts
Climber...sad but too many thieves these days,private property or public...

· No Guns for Me
868 Posts
I had two stands stolen last year. One ladder stand and one climber that I left at the base of a tree. I bought a gorilla climber off of ebay and take it out of the woods everytime now. I dont understand how a hunting brother could do such a thing. I have come across stands on public land and I move to a different area out of respect for that hunter. I just dont get it.

· Registered
393 Posts
I've never had a stand stolen but i did have a feeder stolen once that my dad and I built. Some body stole it and with about 200lbs of corn in it. It really, really, makes me :mad:
I also had a digital camera and cell phone stolen out of my vehicle which was in my driveway at the time!

· Registered
14,752 Posts
I'm fed up too with being robbed. I know times are tough for many right now but the next time I catch a thief stealing from me it will be very painful for them!

· Registered
261 Posts
thats why I dont buy expensive stands, 39.99 dollar hang ons and 90 dollar climbers for me (havent lost one of them yet but it will probably happen)...most of the time its somebody you know, usually someone who youve taken hunting or knows what areas you hunt...I would bet less than 1 out of 15 times its just some random dbag...

· Registered
5,904 Posts
It doesn't matter where you put one they will find it. I leased a farm last year and said to myself, finally I won't have to fool with all the chains and locks. Yeah you guessed it, set 4 stands got 4 stands stolen. I hate a thief, someone needed a stand to hunt out of and asked me I would give them one and not even blink. People just suck sometimes. Sorry about your luck but your not alone bro.

· Registered
3,399 Posts
Wouldn't it be nice to set a stand up that will break if anyone tries to steal it. It could have a note saying " you will fall out of this stand, it is a death trap. do not climb". That way when the worthless person tries to steal it they will fall and break there neck, leg both arms or more, just lying there in pain and wondering who will save them. Well, they shouldn't steal in the first place!:mad:

Something else you could do is make tombstone and put something on it like " last person to steal my stand, your next!" Let them think you are crazy and want revenge!

· Super Moderator
20,486 Posts
That's a shame. On the property I hunt, we find treestands on it every year from trespassers. It's the opposite for us. We've never had a treestand stolen.

· Registered
5,351 Posts
I started buying cheap stands a few years ago. Put them up real high and tie in. If they want to take them they better be good climbers. One stand at my KY lease is 38 feet on a steep hillside...keeps other lease guys off it too...:wink:

· wannabtradguy
15,328 Posts
I read on another thread that they make a chip that a gps can track now. I guess we'll all have to start buyin them and putting on our stuff. what a shame but thats the world we live in now.

· Registered
1,004 Posts
Happened to me last year-I ussually carry in but was on a week long hunt and thought I would be OK to leave it there for a week. Hunted it Sunday evening, came back tuesday morning in the dark and it was gone. I ussually carry in with a LW hang on, LW climber, and tree saddle. It really sucks. Also had one stolen years ago on land I had exclusive permission to hunt. Anytime I leave one it is locked and I pull the bottom 4 steps but that isn't enough to stop some of these people.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.