Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just came in from shooting 70 and 80 yards outside and couldn't figure out why my groups were growing from 4" toward 8". Put my Navigators on the spinner and found three more bent pins after replacing all the bent ones yesterday. I'm going back to G Nocks until I can find some pins that won't bend. The ACE Pins have to be the worst product Easton has ever built. Anyone want to buy two pkgs of brand new ACE Pins at a bargain?
Jbird

·
Archery Coach
23,291 Posts
funny that we haven't had the same problems with the x10 pins. I also note that a couple years ago, the ace pins were c heaper-now they cost us as much as the x10 pins.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
MAGNOCK "MAGNUM TI PINS" ARE THE ANSWER TO YOUR PROBLEMS... Pro1

·
Registered
392 Posts
must be like liveing in Texas....wide open space's...

ha..ha, Now you have some pins being availible that will stop this problem,MAGNUM TI PINS.Never mine asking a bunch of questions...try them and then you'll have something to ask about,like why didn't you do this sooner! Jay,you'de think EASTON would run over to the folks who brought these fine products like the MAGNOCK and now the TI PIN and give them a big country H U G for developing these much needed components to enable their GREAT shaft's to fly even better,straighter,and they are ARE also produced here in the US were it's appreciated.We haven't talked in a while,guess it shows ha?Well ya all be taken care now,yaheer. Your Bud,Skip

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
GT has recommended that ACE pins not be used because they can be bent and can cause damage to ACEs. The pins are constructed differently on the ACEs and the X10s. The X10 also has more carbon on the rear which increases the strength of the shaft and makes pins more appropriate.

I know that I've seen this recommendation several times on this board. Too bad this information isn't passed onto dealers. It would save a lot of headaches.

Are the navigator pins for the stiffer spined Navigators different than the ACE pins?

·
Member # 75
3,483 Posts
Jbird,

I have not yet used navigators but would have the nock problem since 480 or 540 would be my size.

I do have experience with ACE shafts and G nocks. All BAD. Any hit with another arrow and the receiving shaft is GONE.

At your draw length, your nav size might be one that can use the Beiter in/out nock.

It seems to me that the Beiter in/out will fit the 610 and smaller nav shafts. I tried one on the point end of a ACE 370 at 0.216" which is larger than the nominal 0.204" of the ACE nock end. It was a little tight but did go on.

Lancaster does have Beiter in/out in stock, but only the short ones.

Did you check with Gene Lueck? Someone said he is making them out of titanium.

Maybe you should shake the sight just a little bit to open up your groups.

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
We talkin about sight pins? Get some of those Archers Choice fiber wrap pins, i've never had one break on me yet!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts