Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
5,501 Posts
Where does it say they rebuilt the trigger? All I see is a different safety lever.

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
A real game changer for sure.. for the better imo

·
Crossbow Broke
9,860 Posts
For whatever reason I’m glad to see it. I may have to get a R10

·
Vendor
2,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Where does it say they rebuilt the trigger? All I see is a different safety lever.
My post was not stated as a negative, I think they found their issue!

I'm going to bet the R9 and R15 are gone or they will now come with the new safety design, and I'm betting the misfire issue is gone!

Ravin and Tenpoint could very well own the market this year, the word game changer is an absolute possibility.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
My post was not stated as a negative, I think they found their issue!

I'm going to bet the R9 and R15 are gone or they will now come with the new safety design, and I'm betting the misfire issue is gone!

Ravin and Tenpoint could very well own the market this year, the word game changer is an absolute possibility.
Kim Kardashian owns the media market...doesnt make her better.....
discriminating buyers will steer towards Mission, Excal and Scorpyd....we see that here....
Or do what you and I plan to do Jerry, get a long bow and some wooden arrows ;)
I just ordered new strings for my 40 year old recurve and have been checking out
different brands of longbows...maybe start with a Bodnik slick stick and see how that works out.....this race to the top with crossbows is getting a little ridiculous and even dangerous.
(I think Leroy would agree)
norm

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
That new Ravin looks wicked. I'll test one if they are @ the ATA. I can't afford one though... lol

·
Vendor
2,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Kim Kardashian owns the media market...doesnt make her better.....
discriminating buyers will steer towards Mission, Excal and Scorpyd....we see that here....
Or do what you and I plan to do Jerry, get a long bow and some wooden arrows ;)
I just ordered new strings for my 40 year old recurve and have been checking out
different brands of longbows...maybe start with a Bodnik slick stick and see how that works out.....this race to the top with crossbows is getting a little ridiculous and even dangerous.
(I think Leroy would agree)
norm
Yep just got my custom Spalted Maple Longbow about 2 weeks ago.
bow.jpg

I just hope Ravin has found the issue and this bow is the game changer some are looking for.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
That's why I never buy a product the first year it comes out. Gotta give these company's time to work out the kinks. The resale value of the r9 and r15 will go down if its replaced with the r20.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
That's why I never buy a product the first year it comes out. Gotta give these company's time to work out the kinks. The resale value of the r9 and r15 will go down if its replaced with the r20.

I agree,,,,,plus I will wait for the Ravin 85, or the Mission sub 1/4, Scorpyd 525 or Excal Micro 395 ( with 400 lb limbs)

·
Bringer of truth
14,910 Posts
it going to be real hard not to do a add to cart with an R10

A side from past issues this bow hits on all aspects of design. super compact, fast, very light weight, great cocking feature.....the down side is the railess bs

·
Registered
5,501 Posts
it going to be real hard not to do a add to cart with an R10

A side from past issues this bow hits on all aspects of design. super compact, fast, very light weight, great cocking feature.....the down side is the railess bs
I guess that depends on who you are listening to. My R15 will hit quarters at 50yds. Never had an issue except when I was trying to shoot arrows with too weak of a spine.

·
Vendor
2,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I guess that depends on who you are listening to. My R15 will hit quarters at 50yds. Never had an issue except when I was trying to shoot arrows with too weak of a spine.
Any bow on the market right now will shoot very accurately with the proper arrows.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts