Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys last year was my first year bowhunting. I bought an old Martin Fury Bow off of Craigslist and it definitely wasnt the right size bow for me in terms of draw length...but I made it through the season, and actually killed two deer and one rabbit from the tree stand. Fun stuff. Really loved Bowhunting.

I sold the Martin Fury today on Craigslist and went over to Dicks to see what they had. I know I know, from what I've read on here I shouldnt buy from Dicks...but I really felt like any Bow would have been an upgrade from what I had last season. And actually, our Dicks here in town has a guy who is really knowledgable and experience with Bowhunting. He's been very informative in our past conversations.

So here is what I got tonight...I feel like its a great deal and so Im stoked, but would love any of your thoughts:

1) PSE Whitetail Madness Compound Bow w/ Quiver, Sight, Whisker (may not be the nicest, newest bow on the market...but will be so much nicer than the Fury for me at this point)
2) Case
3) 6 Gold Tip Arrows
4) 3 Pack of Muzzy 100g
5) Hat/Mesh Facemask
6) Bear Grylls Gerber Knife

Had a $100 off coupon so I got all this for $415

Thanks for reading guys and keep up the great info...I love this Forum.

·
Banned
2,248 Posts
Sounds like you made out all right, There is nothing wrong with that bow it will kill a deer just as dead as a carbon element or monster safari will. How do you like the knife, I was looking at them the other day and almost bought one.

·
Premium Member
26,859 Posts
Sounds like a great deal and a Great Bow,Good Luck hunting,Cheers.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
That's not a bad deal at all. If the bow fits you and you like it, have fun hunting with it.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Will kill 'em just as good as a $1000 bow..You done good ...

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Sounds like you did good. Dicks has deals, got the mountain bike I use to hunt there, all our other bikes have come and gone but that 99 dollar bike is still going strong.

·
Registered
5,658 Posts
You got a good setup. A PSE whitetail madness is the same bow as a bowmadness, and they are a very good bow.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Sounds like you made out all right, There is nothing wrong with that bow it will kill a deer just as dead as a carbon element or monster safari will. How do you like the knife, I was looking at them the other day and almost bought one.
You'd be much better off with kabar or Gerber LMF 2 for not much more money.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Robin - You are probably correct. Im just a big Bear Grylls fan...haha...And plus my initials are BG so the fact that it has that on the handle is kinda fun too. I know..Im lame.

·
Registered
586 Posts
man the martin fury brings back memories had that bow when it first came out in early 2000 i think had it set at 70# 30"draw shooting 360gr bemans at 329fps that thing was fast and stable with a 36" AtoA.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Sounds like a great package for the woods and not too much coin. Enjoy it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Robin - You are probably correct. Im just a big Bear Grylls fan...haha...And plus my initials are BG so the fact that it has that on the handle is kinda fun too. I know..Im lame.
Not at all lame. The heart wants what the heart wants.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Sweet deal on your new rig! Sounds like your pumped too. Good luck this season

·
Registered
46 Posts
I bought that same bow earlier this year at Dicks. It is NOT the same as a PSE Bow Madness. It is the same as a Brute LT. Just repackaged as a Dick's exclusive. I like mine....it's my first bow.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts