Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did a little hunting this morning in Deep South Texas with some circa 1950 -1960 Bear Razorheads. Go another doe last Sunday with em and got a complete pass through. Doe died within 15 yards.

I tested em out this morning on this boar Javelina. He broke my arrow and bleeder blade but it did a heck of a job and the head is intact minus the auxiliary blade. Put another in him in the dense brush for good measure.

This is my first year hunter and taking game with traditional gear and I’ve been blessed to harvest 2 does and this Javelina so far.

Hunting with traditional gear has been more rewarding than anything I’ve ever done before. Great feeling hunting with some vintage file sharpened Fred Bear broadheads. Spirit of the wild was definitely in the air this morning. Happy hunting season!

Attachments

· Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Not even considering picking up a rifle this season.

I got an axis this June with my 30-30, ain’t planning on rifle hunting the remainder of the year.
This is just too much fun and excitement. So glad I finally got back into archery.

· Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Pig looks looks its 80% skull. Their rib bones are brutal on arrows, no?
They are pretty brutal on arrows and are half head, the hide is extremely tough for an animal it’s size. Both of my arrows hit multiple bones, mangling and breaking the bleeder blades. Both arrows failed to puncture the opposite side of the hide. Their coat are made from Choreboy scouring pads, lol.

Attachments

· Registered
143 Posts
They are pretty brutal on arrows and are half head, the hide is extremely tough for an animal it’s size. Both of my arrows hit multiple bones, mangling and breaking the bleeder blades. Both arrows failed to puncture the opposite side of the hide. Their coat are made from Choreboy scouring pads, lol.
Crazy. Blunted the tip, too. I saw a clip on utub of a 100yd shot with a 30 ought 6 that went into orbit off the hogs head. And the hog went off elsewhere, in a hurry

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.