Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went out to one of my hunting propertys today & opened up some scrapes. The scrapes are there every year over about a 300 yd. line that goes by one of my stands.
Using my Stihl weedeater with weed line, I removed all of the vegetation from about a 3 to 4 ft. circle. After doing that I used a straight claw hammer to dig them up a little & rake them out. I did that to 8 scrapes & used Black Widow Dominate Buck Urine on them.

When they start getting hit I'll put some cameras on them.
I plan on doing this in a few more places to see what kind of results I get.

·
Registered
8,933 Posts
Last year I made a scrape with my boot and peed in it and hung a camera, This video (click on picture) was made that same day.

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I've heard of people doing that, lol. Figured if I ever tried that it would bugger my location. Don't believe I would do it this early, maybe closer to the rut.

·
Incureable tinkerer
4,257 Posts
So, did you pee on your hocks? :wink: Have done the scrape thing myself, doused it with doe in heat urine, shot my nicest buck ever when he stopped to check.

·
Registered
990 Posts
From my vast knowledge of 40 years........they called me a dinosaur, at work.......I made a few scrapes, using some tincts stuff..and it worked....but for young bucks........but after they came sniffing and pissing, only later, did the big boys show up in the following years. This works, but only if the girls are in the area. I hunt every day during the whole season.......I see about 2 big deer in that tme frame.....a little snapshot of deer activity with 2500 acres of park across the steet that can't be hunted, about 100 deer are killed on this road per year. So good luck 20, It's good to have a plan and it's special when it works!!!!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts