Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok guys...

Last night one of our hunting buddies had to drop out of the annual West Texas Pronghorn Hunt. Oct 4-12

This is a special hunt we do each year. It is self guided on a 10,000 acre ranch with access to another 80,000 acres if needed.
The hunt includes Tag, and cabin we provide food and game care for ourselves. This is limited to three people each year, if you want to go, pm me and I will provide you more details.
You must have a valid Texas hunting license.
We will be bow hunting although rifle is also legal.
below is a link that will show some of the animals available in past years and the country we hunt in.
We will have a doublebull blind and decoys available if needed.

DeerTexas and I will help you find and judge your animal if needed.

Oh yeah price $1650, for the tag and cabin....:D :D

Pronghorn Hunt

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Hey Javelina,
Would I get to hunt (my style) in the DoubleBull Blind with you?

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
arkie said:
Hey Javelina,
Would I get to hunt (my style) in the DoubleBull Blind with you?
I'll stay outside with the decoys... thank you

But you could bunk with DT....:p

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Javelina,
I can't this year, but sometime in the next few years I would like to try bowhunting for some pronghorns.

In all seriousness, is hunting out of a "tent" blind with a bow the best way to get close to the pronghorns?

Is pronghorn meat good eating?

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Arkie; Pronghorn is some of the best eating there is...

And yes a blind on a water hole is one of the best ways to bow hunt Speed Goats... Not the only way but one of the best....:D

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Thanks Javelina. And let us know how your hunt turns out. Also, post your kill pictures for us to enjoy.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
D.T.
You got a picture of the shoot thru decoy.

I might have to round up Olddog48 and Kildog for a pronghorn hunt within a year or two out your way. By the way, I guess I'd have to promise to behave or Javelina might get a little nervous like the sheep.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
D.T.
Great picture! I suppose the shoot thru decoys are only for guns? Not for bowhunting.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts