Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What camo pattern works best in the Grasslands of Wyoming, South Dakota, and Nebraska?

·
The Impartial Archer
18,288 Posts
I'll be the first to get flamed but it doesn't matter for deer or elk you just are breaking up your outline so you are not recognized as a human. It doesn’t matter if you "blend" into the environment with colors unless you’re hiding from people. It’s a marketing thing IMO. Get what’s on sale and save some coin.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Outfitter

I like Cabela's Outfitter Camo. Good selection, quality and price.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
anything that's lighter in hue...predator, asat, max-1, max-4 ain't bad in the sandhills (prairie grass not sage)...

but the dark eastern patterns like mossy oak breakup are going to make you look like nothing but a big dark blob against the grassy plains...you'd be better off in carharts.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
siucowboy said:
anything that's lighter in hue...predator, asat, max-1, max-4 ain't bad in the sandhills (prairie grass not sage)...

but the dark eastern patterns like mossy oak breakup are going to make you look like nothing but a big dark blob against the grassy plains...you'd be better off in carharts.
I agree 100% about those eastern paterns. Don't know much about Max-1 or Max-4, but Predator and ASAT are excellent choices. Personally, I use ASAT. However, I have just as much confidence in Predator patterns.

·
Registered
9,657 Posts
Predator Spring Green or Fall Brown has always been my first choice, and Predator Fall Brown or Spring Green has always been my second choice.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts