Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Home from my Western Hunt where my son & I each took Pronghorns & I also managed a nice Muley and Whitetail. The real story however is how the Swat X Mag’s performed for both of us. My son’s Pronghorn made it 30 yards & the herd buck I took went about 70. The Mule Deer made it 40 yards and the Whitetail 30. I’ve shot the Swat Broadheads now for 6 years starting with the A4’s and then the X Mags when they became available. Never had an animal make it over 75
Sky Deer hunting Cargo pants Cloud Military camouflage
Sky Cloud Plant Tree Sculpture
Trophy hunting Hunting Deer hunting Elk Plant
Nose Skin Lip Mouth Eyelash
Head Gesture Art Paint Fashion accessory
Plant Eye Petal Dress Gesture
yards and usually less then 50. The 4 blades create huge holes, massive blood trails and a very quick & humane death. Enclosed are pictures of our hunt along with some of the Broadhead damage inflicted. The Swats really do “Drain Your Game!

·
Certified Buckoholic
5,332 Posts
That is awesome, congrats! The Spynal Tapps I have for my R29 are tipped with Swat X Mag's Chisel Tip this year, replacing the the Truglo Titanium X...hope to find out how the Swat X Mag's perform soon!

·
Bringer of truth
15,034 Posts
Living large for sure. Going out of state on hunts seems to be the way to go.
Congratulations.

So who knows the real difference from the swat A4 to the Xmags.......? is it the weight collars...?

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Check their website but I think the blades were a bit heavier & can lock when fully open if my memory serves me right. Have never broken an X Mag blade. Bend yes if I’ve it the off shoulder on exit but never break.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts