Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Let's see those Western States mounts.....give us something to drool over while we wait for our '07 mounts to get back!!!
Feel free to tell a bit of the hunt and the western state(s) you hunted!

I don't spend alot on tax'. work. But I am waiting for my '07 bull to get back . A bone saw and a bit of leather is as close to taxadermy work as my racks usually get!
My favorite;
DIY Plaque mount of my Grandfathers 1946 buck I remounted/repaired a couple years ago.
View attachment 370008

·
My Elk Hunting Home
32,401 Posts
Those are some nice mulies.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Here's my Grandpa's 1958 Mule Deer buck taken in Oregon with a 32 Special lever action rifle. It's the last mule deer he ever shot. It's a 9X11 the mass is unbelievable. This buck has never been taped! The picture doesn't do it justice.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,622 Posts
Colorado public land bull. San Juan National Forest. Self guided. Not all, but many Colorado hunters hate non resident hunters, so it was nice packing a bull off THEIR mountain.

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Anyone else drooling yet!!!!:tongue:
I should have done a bit more with this boy,but I was young and....

View attachment 370486

·
Registered
5,622 Posts
Colorado public land bull. San Juan National Forest. Self guided. Not all, but many Colorado hunters hate non resident hunters, so it was nice packing a bull off THEIR mountain.

Don't you mean Texans. :zip::zip: Just kidding.
I don't really understand it. We're a great bunch of guys. Just ask any of us!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.