Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for some help finding land to archery and rifle hunt in Western Pa for 2 guys! If somebody can point me in the right direction or help out at all would be highly appreciated!!

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
North of south? There are plenty of SGL's and I have seen a lot of good bucks on them. Archery season from what I understand is pretty tame, at least down where Im at. Go to pgc.state.pa.us and look for the maps. There is a couple places I hear are outright honeyholes by the airport.

·
Registered
17,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

Thanks machinegun74 for the response! It doesn't really matter to me if its north or south. Do you mean the Pittsburgh airport? I will check out the maps.

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
Up in the North West and North Central counties is the Alleghany National Forest...it's huge with pleanty of oppurtunities. Also, many land owners practice green and clean which is where landowners recieve a property tax break if they allow hunting. Up in McKean, Potter, Elk and several other nearby counties you will find very few posted property signs. I live on the NY/PA border and when I hunt over in PA I have no problem having more areas available than I could ever actually hunt.

·
In 'Da Head
24,266 Posts
Where isn't there to hunt in that area? I grew up back around McKean, Elk and Warren so there is literally thousands of acres of National Forest back there to hunt.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Be careful around the airport, I drive past it everyday for work. Good deer in there but uncle sam has a few people watching that area. I have been chased out of there. When riding dirt bikes. Not sure about riding a quad or walking.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
I don't know about hunting the airport with 9/11 and security nowadays. Even before then I had a few friernds who would put a shirt in the window and go hunt, pretending they were broken down, but sometimes would have to watch out for cops.

If you're looking for a lot of land there are lots of places and deer in Washington and Greene County. Greene is a little far south but a lot of land and not many hunters. Just try the Pa Game Commision site and look for public lands.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts