Archery Talk Forum banner

Western Quebec Sring Bear Hunt ??

846 3
I did a search and did not come up with mush . I am interested in western Quebec for a spring bear hunt . I hunt Ontario in the fall and have heard Quebec, along the Ontario border has a large number of bears . Any recommendations ??
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,685 Posts
Quebec

We did a spring bear hunt with Michelle Guy in Quebec a few years back and 6 of us killed 6 bears. He had some fishing opportunities for trout also. BEWARE, lots of black flies and mosquitos. If you want a number send me a pm and I will find it. Jeff

· Registered
1,649 Posts
Quebec has bears almost everywhere 30 minutes north of the St Lawrance. The best bear hunting to be had is in the Mauricie region, Lac St Jean area too is really good. There are a lot of bears to be hunted in Quebec, and yes there are a freakin lot of nasty, annoying flies but that is what makes bear hunting so unique and fun. In Quebec, no flies=no bears. When the flies are out, you know its bear season.

· Registered
2,392 Posts
ttt

shot my biggest bear on a spring quebec hunt. i heard the buzzing when i went to bed, when i got up, and for sure when i was on stand. i remember looking down at my arm in my stand and not being able to see my camo. like fear factor!!
shot a nice bear though. <--<<rob

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.