Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was told my quiver now has a 15 arrow limit... :wink:

I kid...I kid...

So, new Maxxis won't take a Mathews/Hoyt adapter so I gots to go with a new quiver. Leaning TightSpot but it BARELY fits my 2413s.

What is everyone using, especially if you shoot fatty alum. arrows? Looking for something detachable!

·
Banned
2,992 Posts
It might be blasphemy to put an Octane on a Hoyt, but I'm a big fan of the Deadlock Pro. Lighter than a tightspot and just as good IMO. Only advantage of TS is adjustable arrow grippers--but that isn't a selling point for me.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
I bent over and took a tight spot last summer. Its pretty nice and doesn't torque the bow like other one pieces I've used. I have an old hoyt two piece that balances well too but its on the back up bow and I like detaching my quiver when i can.

You don't like any of the hoyt two piece offerings? or prefer a one piece that can detach and balance (tightspot)

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
I have an Apex gear gamechanger. Lighter and less expensive than tightspot and works in a similar way.

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I prefer having something that can detach...I LOVE the Mathews t-series of quivers, but as I said it is impossible for me to use them on the Maxxis as they made the screw hole smaller
I bent over and took a tight spot last summer. Its pretty nice and doesn't torque the bow like other one pieces I've used. I have an old hoyt two piece that balances well too but its on the back up bow and I like detaching my quiver when i can.

You don't like any of the hoyt two piece offerings? or prefer a one piece that can detach and balance (tightspot)

·
Embrace the suck!
7,893 Posts
I think that is what I am going to go with Rodney....I just need to find an older one with the foam. I CANNOT stand the new model without the foam!
If you ever shoot mechanicals you will appreciate an open quiver hood. Foam will open them and it's annoying.

·
My Elk Hunting Home
32,364 Posts
I think that is what I am going to go with Rodney....I just need to find an older one with the foam. I CANNOT stand the new model without the foam!
What's it matter.......the blades cut up the foam and it eventually falls out anyway.

·
Smilin' Bob
25,077 Posts
I have a Tight spot. I guess it's okay. Nothing to drool over imo.
You just need some of this.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I already tested the 2013 TightSpot bro...when I slide my Ulmer Edges in they went SO FAR into the rubber hood it deployed the blades and snapped the rubber band. I used the foam TightSpot with my expandables last year and was A-OK.

If you ever shoot mechanicals you will appreciate an open quiver hood. Foam will open them and it's annoying.

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have had many foam quivers, from Alpines to Mathews to TightSpots, and I have NEVER had ANY foam fall out...

And what's it matter? It matters BIG TIME! If my expandables deploy due to the rubber in the new TightSpot, it does matter.

So, it does matter, comprende?

EDIT: Disregard the "doosh" comment Mike...I copied and pasted from Word and copied something intended for the "boycott" thread in BH. :wink:

What's it matter.......the blades cut up the foam and it eventually falls out anyway.

·
Registered
5,215 Posts
I take my mathews t-3 quiver and take it apart, then slip the black bracket in between the tightening belt on the right side of the waist support on my Superday pack. Then I screw the quiver back onto the bracket and now have my quiver attached to my side, slightly angled back. It's perfect! I HATE mounting the quiver on the bow.

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Very interesting idea...any issues with it getting snagged in underbrush.

I take my mathews t-3 quiver and take it apart, then slip the black bracket in between the tightening belt on the right side of the waist support on my Superday pack. Then I screw the quiver back onto the bracket and now have my quiver attached to my side, slightly angled back. It's perfect! I HATE mounting the quiver on the bow.

·
Embrace the suck!
7,893 Posts
I have a Tight spot. I guess it's okay. Nothing to drool over imo. You just need some of this.
Then you can use what's left over to patch up your target after your buddy loses a broadhead inside and has to cut it in half.

uploadfromtaptalk1363974790257.jpg

·
Registered
5,215 Posts
Very interesting idea...any issues with it getting snagged in underbrush.
Not really, its angled back. Sometimes going underneath fallen stuff you need to be conscious of it, sometimes dip your one side down a little further, but its TOTALLY worth it not to have the weight of a quiver on your bow. Lemme get a pic of me so you can get an idea on it.

·
Embrace the suck!
7,893 Posts
I already tested the 2013 TightSpot bro...when I slide my Ulmer Edges in they went SO FAR into the rubber hood it deployed the blades and snapped the rubber band. I used the foam TightSpot with my expandables last year and was A-OK.
Oh I see.

·
Registered
5,215 Posts
Best one I have, cant see it how it's mounted to the pack though. All you have to do is reach down and back to grab an arrow.

·
Embrace the suck!
7,893 Posts
Yeah, I was all pumped to test it out but when I slid the first arrow in...pop goes the retention band. :(

By the way, anymore luck with the Bodum press?
I can brew coffee so strong with that thing that it makes my wife sick! But I only use it once in a while because it's a PITA to clean. The new capresso burr grinder that I got for xmas gives me a nice clean course grind that helps keep down the grit. And my new zojirushi with the thermal carafe doesn't scorch the sacred nectar like my old mr. coffee with the hot plate. I think I drink too much joe and next I need to invest in some crest white strips.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts