·
Registered
5,555 Posts
I am

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Right on. What do you think? Is it 70 or 72"? Have a stab on it? Are you shooting it regularly? I was hoping to run into someone with one and seeing if they would let me shoot it.

·
Registered
5,555 Posts
Right on. What do you think? Is it 70 or 72"? Have a stab on it? Are you shooting it regularly? I was hoping to run into someone with one and seeing if they would let me shoot it.
Shooting it as a 72” bow and loving it. I have shot it both with B.B. weight (WA Legal), and with a 10” stab with a 11 OZ dish. Shot a PB animal 14 target round at State of a 263 so pretty happy with it. If you come to Mechanicsburg you can shoot it.

·
Registered
5,555 Posts
I owned 2 Gillian G1 in 25” and then tried the WFX 25 a few years ago, the Gillo’s got sold. Great risers but the WFX just fit me better. I still have 2 WFX 25’s and now the WFX 27

·
Registered
143 Posts
I had one Gillo 25" that I didn't care for. And had Two 27" Gillo's that shot in the RU Class with the heavy weight. And they shot great.
When I went to STrad Class I switched to the WFX25 due to its mass weight and shooting off the shelf with the hump. Still have the WFX25 that's treated me well! And I have the WF27XO which I am currently shooting and it's shoots well! Can't tell you how it feels with it weighted up, but if bet it shoots just as well as the 27" Gillo.
The guys at C&D are great. Dewayne and Calvin can answer any question you have

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have a wf19! Love it more then any riser ive tried. Calvin and Dewayne were great to work with

Im just itching for a 27xo.

Thanks for the answers guys!

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Shooting it as a 72” bow and loving it. I have shot it both with B.B. weight (WA Legal), and with a 10” stab with a 11 OZ dish. Shot a PB animal 14 target round at State of a 263 so pretty happy with it. If you come to Mechanicsburg you can shoot it.
Right on. I can't make the NFAA Field this year. Really, gonna miss not going. I feel super strong and my system is coming around really well. I shot Pluggers WF 25, it felt solid and love the inertia felt great. IMO, just what a NFAA Trad shooter would want. I hope to change my shooting schedule for next year and hope to bump into you then.

·
Registered
5,555 Posts
Right on. I can't make the NFAA Field this year. Really, gonna miss not going. I feel super strong and my system is coming around really well. I shot Pluggers WF 25, it felt solid and love the inertia felt great. IMO, just what a NFAA Trad shooter would want. I hope to change my shooting schedule for next year and hope to bump into you then.

It is a great riser.

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Anyone compared it to a Gillo G1?

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk
It’s like everything, comes down to personal choice. They are both good risers and both work for most people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,555 Posts
is it worth the cost?
That’s a personal decision but I got rid of my 2 Gillos because the WFX fit me better. Shoot one and decide if it’s worth it. To me it’s a top quality specific design that works extremely well, small family business and made here.

·
Registered
993 Posts
For trad using the riser as a reference, I like the flat shelf on the Gillo compared to the hump or rounded shelf.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,555 Posts
For trad using the riser as a reference, I like the flat shelf on the Gillo compared to the hump or rounded shelf.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
None of mine have the hump, you can get them without

1 - 20 of 32 Posts