Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I've got a deal going with a guy in the classifieds to buy a whalens hooker release. I've gathered that its a spike release. So does the head not actually move during the shot like a hinge? It appears that you just adjust the hook to your liking and as you rotate it it slips off the loop? Do you guys like your whalens?

·
Registered
112 Posts
I love mine and Whalen is a great guy to deal with. I have since moved on to a hinge but not because there is anything wrong with the Whalen.

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
Basically the adjustment is just adjusting the angle of the hook. You still have to rotate the release to make it work.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Best release I've used so far. Really helped me with concentrating on aiming instead of when to hit the trigger. Tried shooting a trigger release but couldn't get used to it after shooting so well with my whalens. Here's a 70 yard group I shot the other day with my whalens.

0322131556.jpg

·
Registered
505 Posts
I recently switched from a Stan hinge to the Whalens Hooker and for me it releases better. I think it is because of the position of the hook relative to the index finger. It seems to rotate effortlessly once I release my thumb. I love mine!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Shut up and Shoot!!!
6,257 Posts
I have the two finger and three finger. Three is my favorite and I like the Hooker because of the spike. I don't feel the release or hinge moving since there is no moving parts on the release while you are shooting it. It is the most positive feeling release I have ever felt with a release and I have shot alot of the back tension releases. It is also a fairly shoot release which allows you to shoot a little longer D loop or draw length without being too far back on your anchor point. With no moving parts, it also means it is completely silent which would work well with a hunting set up also. Can't go wrong with one as you can always sell them for a decent price if you don't like it. I think everyone should give them an honest chance and see if it makes you shoot better. It did me.

·
Registered
11,460 Posts
I loved mine it was awesome and im in the process of buying another only reason I sold it was to fund my custom sight purchase but will for sure have another and what strap for it come september. With the strap to can draw it like normal then let go of it completely and the strap will hold all yhe weight allowing you to shoot it like a trigger! Awesome period! Best ive ever usef and ive tried a ton. The hooker also had no moving parts making for a silent clean release!

·
Registered
763 Posts
Thanks guys, good shooting quinton is that with 2 or 3 finger
I'm using the 3 finger. I like how simple the release is compared to other releases. Used it this past season for hunting and had some good success with it. Can't go wrong with a hooker haha.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts