Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
SABMAG rider
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've shot a spot hogg whammy on a Pro elite xt3000, and loved it. quick to set up, and never ever any problems.

So, when I shot my whisper flite rest to pieces, I thought it was a good idea to put the whammy on the Alpine silverado sabre, but I cant get it to work.
tried to follow the instructions video on the website, but before I get the desired movement on the rest, the tie in point is past the cable slide.

Am I doing something horribly wrong, or doesn't the whammy work on the silverado sabre?

Have anyone gotten this combo to work?

Any tips on how to make it work?

·
Registered
29 Posts
whammy

draw your bow and have someone mark your up cable below your cable slide. tie in where the mark is. the rest should stay up until just before the fletching clears:darkbeer:

·
Registered
109 Posts
same thing

I had the same thing happen when I installed one on my mthews SBXT, and I just marked the cable at full draw, tied the chord, and it worked fine. My setup did not work like the video, but it is working fine now, and I am pretty happy with the results. If I had to do it over, I would stick with something easier to install and setup.
Adam

·
SABMAG rider
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanx guys.
I'll try the method you suggested, and see if it works right.
So when you mark the cable at full draw, do you mark it right at the point where the cable/cable slide crosses?
And do you put the timing allen wrench in the hole and tighten the cord as you tie in the cord?

I have a new whisper flite rest in the mail, as a plan B....

·
Registered
484 Posts
I have an alpine whisperflight on my sabre (but then again I have a match grade) you could not ask for an easier rest to set up. and I have no complains about it operation. you should not how the Alpine factory sets the pull cord on these rests, they are not tied in to the cable, makes them virtually self adjusting and ther is no chance of the pull cord coming adrift.:teeth: These rests are also relatively inexpensive. I have three of these and like them so much I even put one on my son's bow and he also finds them to be an excellent troble free rest.:smile:

·
SABMAG rider
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have an alpine whisperflight on my sabre (but then again I have a match grade) you could not ask for an easier rest to set up. and I have no complains about it operation. you should not how the Alpine factory sets the pull cord on these rests, they are not tied in to the cable, makes them virtually self adjusting and ther is no chance of the pull cord coming adrift.:teeth: These rests are also relatively inexpensive. I have three of these and like them so much I even put one on my son's bow and he also finds them to be an excellent troble free rest.:smile:
I've had a whisper flite on my silverado sabre, and on the pro competition, but last week something happend while at fulll draw ( i think the sweet s pot II release slipped out of my hand, but not sure), and the black plastic part that the chord is tied into was chattered, and the mach5 cable slide was in a million pieces...
Cant get a new one in Norway, but the aalpine customer service is unbelievable, and shipped a new one ASAP.
So the whammy set up is just to make the bow shootable until the whisperflite arrives.
I've also ordered the new cam-kit (the one with adjustable back stop), transforming the bow from a 08mod to a 09mod for a mare $129.
I totally agree about the whisper flite being the easiest, most hazzel free fall away rest to set up.

·
SABMAG rider
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had the same thing happen when I installed one on my mthews SBXT, and I just marked the cable at full draw, tied the chord, and it worked fine. My setup did not work like the video, but it is working fine now, and I am pretty happy with the results. If I had to do it over, I would stick with something easier to install and setup.
Adam
Adam, you saved my weekend!
Did as you described, and it worked out perfectly.
Was planning to switcj to the whisperflite when it arrrived, but thats not going to happen:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts