Archery Talk Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
Bear moment 65#, Elite Impulse 31 81.5#, Xpedition Xscape 80.5#, Hoyt turbo hawk rkt cams 75.5#
1,275 Posts
Check out Sean's Outdoor review of the Bear Alaskan on youtube. He was getting 343 fps at max draw length which was set at 31 and getting close to 31.5 actual.

·
Registered
4,540 Posts
For a few dollars more get the Bear Alaskan and you will have a flagship bow. It is an amazing value.
The Alaskan is NOT a Flagship bow.... It is part of the Legend (Dealer Only) Series but that does not make it a "Flagship". The Refine is the Flagship for 2022.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
A used flagship bow or a new Hoyt Torrex… best options in that price range IMO

·
Registered
52 Posts
Update: Looks like I’m buying my old bow back. Hoyt Carbon Defiant 34. I texted the guy I sold it to and told him if he new anyone selling a bow to let me know as I was in the market again and looking to buy one. He told me he would sell me mine back because he just never shot it and didn’t have time as his business is to busy. Said he never even shot 10 arrows through it since buying it from me. Nice thing is it comes with a dozen arrows, sights, releases, hard case etc. He told me he’d sell it to me for $300 cheaper than I sold it to him for. Win, win for me. Should get it on Wednesday or Thursday.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
That’s a happy ending right there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
169 Posts
Looking for a new bow. Not brand new but a new to me. My last bow was a Hoyt Carbon Defiant 34 but I’m an idiot and sold it a few years ago and now even the used ones are selling for more than I sold mine for. Hoping to find something used and decent in the $500-600 range.

Just curious what some of you think the most underrated affordable bow for hunting big game would be? My Hoyt was a 31” draw and 70lbs. That’s about perfect for me as far a draw and draw weight go.

What should I be looking at that would compare to my Carbon Defiant I sold but within the $5-600 range. Thx.

My Deer this year. But unfortunately wasn’t with a bow. I want to get back into bow hunting. So much more satisfying to harvest an animal with a bow. At least in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Loved my Diamond SB-Deploy... Was my starter bow, and only sold it because when I finally figured out my right DL, it (with the way Diamond defines DL) would not make it quite there. That aside a great bow for 500-600. You can probably grab a used on for sub 400.

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
The Elites are gonna get cheap. They always slash em when the new ones come out. I got a Remedy not long ago and the new s.e.t. tuning system is remarkable. One of the most accurate bows I've owned. Not a Hoyt, but a good hunting bow.

·
Registered
12,211 Posts
Looking for a new bow. Not brand new but a new to me. My last bow was a Hoyt Carbon Defiant 34 but I’m an idiot and sold it a few years ago and now even the used ones are selling for more than I sold mine for. Hoping to find something used and decent in the $500-600 range.

Just curious what some of you think the most underrated affordable bow for hunting big game would be? My Hoyt was a 31” draw and 70lbs. That’s about perfect for me as far a draw and draw weight go.

What should I be looking at that would compare to my Carbon Defiant I sold but within the $5-600 range. Thx.

My Deer this year. But unfortunately wasn’t with a bow. I want to get back into bow hunting. So much more satisfying to harvest an animal with a bow. At least in my opinion.

5-600 dollar range....................I wouldn't be buying anything used at that price range............ebay........ elite bows new with warranty between 450-600

·
Registered
26,078 Posts
I'd look for a "new" leftover bow that way you get a warranty and a new un shot bow.......... or something from bear archery
This is what I have been doing the past 5-6 years....^^^^ In 2016 I bought a NIB with warranty Prime Rival from an AT dealer as Prime had discontinued the model. Same in 2018 with a '17 Obsession Phoenix XL that was NIB. In the past 18 months, I have purchased three NIB '19 Elite Ritual 35's from an AT vendor/dealer that were pretty much half of what they sold for in 2019. Each came with factory warranty....I emailed the serial number and received a prompt confirmation from Elite. I sold the black model, as the camo and graphite gray are more to my liking and going nowhere at present. Kind of odd to be going into a new calendar year shortly with zero motivation to even look at the AT bow classifieds.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I've been shooting a 2012 Hoyt CRX 35 that I bought a few years back on the classifieds here. After taking a hiatus from the sport for college and grad school, I will say it has been a great bow to get back into the swing of things. I got it for a solid price and it has held up through quite a bit of 3D shooting and hunting. I'd say if you're looking for an underrated sub-600 bow, look no further than models that are 3 years out. Figure out the ones that have had little issues and check the boxes you need and you'll be incredibly happy. I can tell you, I have been very happy to have this CRX.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts