Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 154 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please for the love of god can we not make this a fixed vs expanadable, or any sort of argument/debate? Im just wondering what people are running because I am looking to change it up and not sure if I missed any for consideration.

So what are you shooting for a broadhead this year? What animals will you be hunting and whats your bow/arrow specs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,733 Posts
I will be hunting deer and hogs. possible goats.

bow will be a bowtech reckoning. arrow is a blackeagle carnivore 350 spine at 495gr to 505gr at 29%FOC. broadhead will be a grizzlystik 200gr alaskan

Attachments

·
Registered
139 Posts
Using RMS Cutthroats 200 grain single bevel.

Hunting whitetail, hogs, and maybe elk if time allows me to travel and buy an OTC tag.

Mathews VXR 31.5 31” DL/60# DW

Black Eagle Rampage .250 Shafts with 51 gr stainless half out, 150 gr brass. 750 gr total arrow weight with the broadhead.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Have used slick Trick magnums for 10+ years. 2 elk, 3 moose, and ?? whitetails. That was with 70# bow. Switching to vipertricks this year because of an injury I'm only shooting 55# Just thought the 2 blade with a bleeder would be a little better at the lower poundage. Could be wrong but I'm going to try it.

Sent from my moto z4 using http://bit.ly/Archery_Talk_app

·
Registered
393 Posts
Mechanical, Rocky Mountain Warheads. They have been very reliable for me. Fixed, Musacchia NBS 100’s. They shoot well for me. No kills with them yet.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Almost forgot. Whitetail and Turkeys is what I’ll be hunting.

·
Registered
936 Posts
I will be hunting whitetail here in Illinois and hopefully antelope in Wyoming this September if successful in the draw. My broadhead is the Rage Hypodermic.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Hard to beat a slick trick. I shoot the 125 gr viper tricks. Easton axis .260 spine, 75 grain brass insert up front, 4 Fletch aae max stealth vanes. Arrow comes in right at 600 grains total. Shooting a Hoyt Hyperforce at 70 lbs and 30.5” draw. I know I’ll probably catch hell for it on here, but I also used the same arrow out of my 60# mathews Creed last year to harvest a deer. Both set ups shoot lights out. I haven’t shot the creed past 40 yards, but the hyperforce groups the broadheads right with the field tips to 100 yards.

·
Gold Supporting Archer
9,991 Posts
Hogs I hunt more than deer because it’s open year round. I use a Easton FMJ 340 5mm with a Carbon Express Pile Driver 150 grain COC. I use Q2I vanes.

For deer I like a Wasp Boss 100 grain 4 blade on a Carbon Express Red arrow 250 (400 spine) or 350 spine. Both shoot well.

·
Registered
14,592 Posts
Grim reaper 125gn mini mag on black eagle rampage with 50grain brass weights behind the inserts. Total arrow weight about 495 grains. Hunting elk and deer.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
QAD exodous heads in 100gr., 150 grns of insert in a 300 spine GoldTip Velocity XT, total arrow weight about 540 grains from a 60# Prime Rize. Hunting mainly deer and hogs.

·
Archery Addict
9,251 Posts
Deer: 125 gr Slick Trick Mags and NAP Killzone's. Arrow-Goldtip BLack Label 340 w/20g FACT weights up front. 68# PSE Evolve and 68# Elite GT500.
Hogs: 100 gr. Rocket Sidewinder and Wac em 2 blade mechanicals Arrows: Carbon Express Blu RZ

·
Registered
17,345 Posts
Killzone
Swat
Iron will
Cutthroat
Exodus

Deer will be on the list to kill this year and black bear.
Set up is 3 different bows
62lber black 5
71lber bowtech reckoning
82 lber elite pulse. Plus a 73 lber pulse if need be.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Fixed blade. QAD Exodus 100 gr for whitetails.

·
Registered
941 Posts
125 gr Magnus Stinger Buzz cut and Magnus black hornet ser-razor.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Qad exodus 100 gr, beman ICS 340 with 100 gr inserts 485 total weight out of Athens Summit or Ridge 62# @ 28.5 I’ll be hunting deer and bear

·
Registered
15,394 Posts
Looks like all I'm hunting this year will be whitetail deer. No trip to Africa due to the virus.
So, I'll be grabbing some of my 356 gr, total arrow weight CX Maxima Blue 250s, putting some Grim Reaper 1 3/8" Razorcuts on and go hunt.
Too early to tell what bow I will be shooting then but it will be about 60 lbs, and a 28" dl

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
I will be hunting whitetail deer and coyotes this year will my VXR 31.5 if I ever get it. 60# at 30" draw. 445 grain TAW GT Hunter with either a 125gr Thunderhead like last year, or a 125gr Magnus Stinger Buzzcut if I change it up.

1 - 20 of 154 Posts